FS9 Sunset sky colour

calasanvicente

Hello,

First of all apologies for placing a MSFS query in this forum, it's just I know you guys on here are very good at the support side of things!

Basically, when in the evening (sunset) the sky is quite pink from the sun, and therefore the cloud colours reflect this and are also pink. I wondered if there was a way to make it more 'dull' and grey which in my opinion is more realistic. As you don't often look up at the sky and see pink clouds. I even set the visibilty low but still there is a very 'pinky' atmosphere.

If any one has any advice or anything I would be appreciate this! And once again sorry for placing this post in the forum :)

You need to use a replacement sky texture set.

There are many around, some paid, some free.

If you want some great free stuff for the beginning, try Pablo Diaz HDEv2 (you will find it at the AVSIM library).

If you want to go payware, check REX (Real Environment Xtreme) - this software offers a huge choice of sky colours, including the sunrise and sunset themes.

Their GUI lets you see preview shots to choose the sky theme you like most.

In both cases you will also get excellent cloud replacements plus more.