Poland...?

viper1740

This question would be straight to the administrators of Aerosoft.

Since I am not sure of where to start, I have yet to find any good scenery (FSX) for Poland. Yes, there is plenty of it for FS9 but some are making the switch process to FSX. Especially EPWA, EPKK, EPGD which are few of Poland's popular, evolving airports. Any idea if this is a work in progress or something you guys are considering? I have seen your guys work, which is why I am asking if this is something to be planned for the future. Thanks in advance.

Jakub

This question would be straight to the administrators of Aerosoft.

Since I am not sure of where to start, I have yet to find any good scenery (FSX) for Poland. Yes, there is plenty of it for FS9 but some are making the switch process to FSX. Especially EPWA, EPKK, EPGD which are few of Poland's popular, evolving airports. Any idea if this is a work in progress or something you guys are considering? I have seen your guys work, which is why I am asking if this is something to be planned for the future. Thanks in advance.

Jakub

You have some of them over here at Simmarket.

Stein-Ove

Maybe because there already is a topic for proposing projects?!

I think they don't like that there is always a new topic created, when a user thinks about something, Aerosoft could create...

Chris

Maybe because there already is a topic for proposing projects?!

I think they don't like that there is always a new topic created, when a user thinks about something, Aerosoft could create...

Chris

No one asked for your opinion or how one thinks all I asked for was if something is being considered. As far as your comment...you may want to stop thinking what others are thinking and writing for them.

An in-house Mega Airport Warsaw Chopin X (EPWA) would be fantastic!

There has been some very high quality Polish airports scenery released in the last 6 months and having a big hub to tie it all together would be cool.

How's access to airside images, data etc? Anyone know?

How's access to airside images, data etc? Anyone know?

I guess it would not be a big problem once the decision has been made.

There are many simmers living in Warsaw or Krakow and some of them work at the airports.

BTW I wonder why the excellent scenery of Katowice airport (EPKT) by Drzewiecki Design hasn't been given AES support so far (hint, hint, Oliver)...

Yes, there is plenty of it for FS9 but some are making the switch process to FSX. Especially EPWA, EPKK, EPGD which are few of Poland's popular, evolving airports.

If you are hungry for polish sceneries go:

Drzewiecki Design: http://www.drzewieck...et/products.htm. At this momemt for FSX you have:

- Polish Airport vol. 1. (http://www.drzewieck.../prodPAv1_X.htm). You get: EPGD (along with free AES), EPRZ, EPKK.

- Polish Airport vol. 2. (http://www.drzewieck.../prodPAv1_X.htm). You get: EPLL, EPZG, EPSC

VFR Poland. http://www.vfrpoland.com/

This is the project of photoscenery of all Poland for FS9, FSX and X-Plane.

At this moment the site is closed due to relocation to new serwer.

As to developers, the project should be finished by the end of this year.

You can watch it:

As to your questions of EPKK - it's almost ready (http://www.epkk.pl/) and (according to my information as I'm not the developer) will be out as soon as VFR Poland preapare photoscenery for Cracow.

Note: both Polish Airport series and VFR Poland you can have for free.

In case of VFR Poland you have lower resolution - 4,8 m/pix instead of 2,4 m/pix and only summer textures.

best regards,

Marcin

P.S. As this is my first post on this forum, I'd like to welcome everybody.

Lock the thread, please.

Is that the frustrated admin in you coming out? ;)

I for one appreciate the info in this thread some of which I was not aware of. It is good to see that devs are starting to take Poland seriously as a sim destination and perhaps this will spur Aerosoft on to develop a Polish project in the future.

Is that the frustrated admin in you coming out? ;)

I for one appreciate the info in this thread some of which I was not aware of. It is good to see that devs are starting to take Poland seriously as a sim destination and perhaps this will spur Aerosoft on to develop a Polish project in the future.

Not really. I would like to to see Poland my self. But do I do that when I want to see scenaries from Latvia? I'm well aware of the size of simmer population in Poland as I know people there and Warsaw is one of the destinations I visit very often. But I don't like how people react to the system. There is a thread for sugesstions and why would one destination would be more important then other one? And why do you discuss other developers products here? That's why I think that this thread doesn't have a rosy future.

Well, Marcin is pretty new here so we'll let him off this time. Otherwise you can see we were being careful not to mention competitors.

I suspect that we have covered everything about Polish scenery above anyway so this thread will likely die all by itself soon.

I suspect that we have covered everything about Polish scenery above anyway so this thread will likely die all by itself soon.

I'm aware it's not fair to advertise other developer on this forum and I never do it, but in this case I made an exception.

Explainig my behavior, I'd like to add, that I did it because at this moment (as far as I know) Aerosoft is not interested in making any scenery of polish airport.

Viper had asked for some sceneries of Polish airport for FSX, I know there are some made and I only gave him information of it.

I'm very sorry if someone could fell uncomfortable with it.

If my post is violation of rules - please delete it.

best regards,

Marcin

Dear Kaspars,

I want to see scenaries from Latvia

That is a great idea. I really love Air Baltic! Have you yet asked for Latvian sceneries in the request thread by the way?

why would one destination would be more important then other one?

You know, I see your point (I myself have never requested Polish scenery here), but at the same time I know everybody (including you and me) has some priorities (of all kinds) on their mind.

That is human and usually does not do much harm, right? ;)

why do you discuss other developers products here?

Not really discuss. They are neither compared to Aerosoft's products not bashed. Just some useful information (given in a civilised way) as Konrad already mentioned (and Marcin explained later, as I see).

I think that this thread doesn't have a rosy future.

You may be right, of course. But since Mathijs visited it, dropped a line and did not lock it, I guess he sees no real problem here.

I mean no disrespect of any kind. That is great this forum is set out and run so nicely. Partially thanks to us all.

I am typing these words in hope to help keep this thread a peaceful one, no matter if it is locked or not.

I just think sometimes people get too serious about flightsim discussion forums (not that it did not happen to me too, lol).