FSC 9.0 --> altitude on flightplans

GSalden

Hello team,

Since a couple of days I am looking for a better flightplanner than I use now ( FsBxxxx).

I have been looking at several sceenshots from FSC 9 and read some topics at the forum.

On the flightplans screenshot the altitude windows are empty.

Is it possible to include altitude on flightplans before flying ?

I intend to use it not when I am flying as I use my 3 monitors in Fullscreen mode.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

the answer is NO.

the altitude is the responsibility of the pilot or ATC. Install the demo and/or download the current manual, it is free!

Regards,

Volker

Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping it assigned altitudes for the waypoints and TOC/TOD.

Jetflying I do most of the time and i have to program the flights into the FMC with altitudes.

Thanks !

Thanks for the reply.

Jetflying I do most of the time and i have to program the flights into the FMC with altitudes.

Thanks !

I would think the FMC will put these in when it knows the cruise altitude etc. If you then have any restrictions you can then change them.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks !

Unfortunately this isn't FSNavigator, hence, as an airlines pilot and within flight sim you tend to use various charts like the High/Low's which give you the altitudes for the airways along with their direction. As far as I know other armchair pilots use those for their flight planning, I sure do.

Unfortunately this isn't FSNavigator, hence, as an airlines pilot and within flight sim you tend to use various charts like the High/Low's which give you the altitudes for the airways along with their direction. As far as I know other armchair pilots use those for their flight planning, I sure do.

The altitude for the airways is not difficult.

It is calculating the climb and descent : what altitude at what waypoint.

FsBxxxx does this, but has other limitations.

FSX 9 looks great with a lot of features.

For me the calculation of altitudes is the thing that is missing.

However I am trying with the demo version.

In the General Flight Information it says how long the climb and how long the descent are in nm.

With those info I can program the waypoints for the cruise altitude in the FMC.

That's a good start.

The layout looks way better and more professional than FsBxxxx and is easier to use.

Two things I remarked :

1 It is either STAR or Transition , not both.

2 The vertical speed for descent stays the same as for climb, even when it has been changed and saved for that particular aircraft. In my case a B777 for which I changed the v/s for descent form 1800 ft/min to 2200 ft/min. In the aircraft window it is correct and saved, but on the flightplan is still says 1800 ft/min.

Here's what I tend to use now and it's a great bit of software (although it could do with an update).

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=11262&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation

That looks like a very nice tool !

Many options.

As I read it I would need to be flying to have the tool calulate altitudes/descent paths.

For programming an FMC I need those info before departing.

Is this also possible ?

Or I would need FsBxxxx to see the best climbing path/cruising altitude/descending path.....

You can get all that info from the calculator as your programming the FMC as it calculates the info from the aircraft you have loaded into FS.

You can get all that info from the calculator as your programming the FMC as it calculates the info from the aircraft you have loaded into FS.

If that is so then I think that I am going to try it.

Thanks !