Rudder Trim Tabs...

Sayuuk

Finally...

I've always had the problem that the Katana tends to turn to the left on its own (normal, moment produced by the prop).

I had experimented with the trim tabs a lot, but no matter how far to the left I bent them, the plane was still turning to the left.

=> Is the rudder trim tab reversed??!!

==> The settings show how the rudder will be pushed, not the trim tab itself...

When I bend it to the right, it will compensate for the left-turning-moment...

Reality:

Trim Tab, bent to the left => pushes rudder to the right ==> right turn

Trim Tab, bent to the right => pushes rudder to the left ==> left turn...

AS Katana:

Trim Tab, bent to the left => pushes rudder to the left => left turn

%%

I'm very glad that I noticed this by accident, this will make my flying much more enjoyable, once I find a working setting... =P

Just thought I'd let those of you know, who had this problem as well..

Cheers, Stefan

Are you using v1.0 or v1.1 beta?

1.1 Beta, in 1.0 I couldn't get the trim tab to compensate the movement at all.

Now in 1.1 Beta I can see (external model) that the trim tab moves as indicated on the settings screen.

However, they behave "inversed". Right now it is bent to the right and produces a moment to the right, which obviously is the wrong way around =P

I've got it pretty much under control now, finally =)

Flying is so much more relaxed now, only having to balance turbulence out and not constantly fighting against a "static force"...

Now if I had a basic autopilot in the VC, it would be really perfect ;-)

Cheers, Stefan

1.1 Beta, in 1.0 I couldn't get the trim tab to compensate the movement at all. (althought I can't remember how hard I tried bending them the wrong way... =/ ) => I don't know if this changed with the patch...

Now in 1.1 Beta I can see (external model) that the trim tab moves as indicated on the settings screen.

However, they behave "inversed". Right now it is bent to the right and produces a moment to the right, which obviously is the wrong way around =P

I've got it pretty much under control now, finally =)

Flying is so much more relaxed now, only having to balance turbulence out and not constantly fighting against a "static force"...

Now if I had a basic autopilot in the VC, it would be really perfect ;-)

Cheers, Stefan

Strange, I didn't change the rudder trim tab meanwhile... the ailerons should work correctly witht he new version.

Then I probably didn't try bending them to the right =P

==> the tabs are still inverted, but that shouldn't be hard to fix, right?

Tab to the right => Rudder to the left

Tab to the left => Rudder to the right