Huey: stick (MS-SW-FFB2):launcher v1006

jwehyam

Just bought the Huey download (1.01).. totally uncontrolled using my MS Sidewinder FFB2.. downloaded the new version of the launcher containing the 'stick fix' ( I cant find the announcement post). Huey is now flyable but the stick-in-the-plane really is fixed.. it doesnt move at all.. OK(ish) by me but I thought you might like to know.:blush:

Just bought the Huey download (1.01).. totally uncontrolled using my MS Sidewinder FFB2.. downloaded the new version of the launcher containing the 'stick fix' ( I cant find the announcement post). Huey is now flyable but the stick-in-the-plane really is fixed.. it doesnt move at all.. OK(ish) by me but I thought you might like to know.:blush:

Would that be because you posted in the wrong forum that you never saw the sticky post in this forum that mentions the Joystick Config Tool ;)

None to sure why the sticks now work but the controls dont move, I will take a look through this forum to see what others have done.

Would that be because you posted in the wrong forum that you never saw the sticky post in this forum that mentions the Joystick Config Tool ;)

None to sure why the sticks now work but the controls dont move, I will take a look through this forum to see what others have done.

No. .I saw the sticky.. I downloaded the tool, and I used it.. .. like I said..BUT when I'd finished flying I couldnt find the sticky again.. So

I posted in the wrong forum.. oh dear... I registered and bought it yesterday..must do better..

On the other hand the config tool seems to have something wrong with it.. now nothing moves except the collective..

And

When I tried another joystick.. Saitek evo stick!.. everything went pear shape.. the rudders worked the cyclic the cyclic did nothing.. oh joy.. in fact all the old stuff had got shuffled including the pedals.. on the other hand.. So I re-did it all in controls.. and tried things on the trusty Dodo.. worked fine.. but changed ship back to the huey and .. no movement of the cyclic or pedals.. I can live with it..

BUT

How do I get rid of the 'screen and window shadow in 3D 'cockbit'? its ugly .. and spoils the view ..

AND

Maybe this should be another thread, BUT the huey's response to a slightly rough landing is essentially a tantrum.. it leaps and bounces and somersaults from a 3 ft drop!!

Fun but becomes tedius... Of course the experts.....ya ya

regards

Hello jwehyam,

I am using a Wireless Saitek Cyborg Evo at the moment and she seems to be working fine with both the Airbus and Huey.

As for the screen not sure if you can do much with that.

Hey ho Shaun,

I dont think it matters much.. there'll probably be a fix 'somewhere' .. the huey flies fine when eveything's connected to the right bits! and I can always fly it on the 2D cockpit view; I can't read the instruments any way and the scenery looks brighter too!

regards

Hey ho Shaun,

I dont think it matters much.. there'll probably be a fix 'somewhere' .. the huey flies fine when eveything's connected to the right bits! and I can always fly it on the 2D cockpit view; I can't read the instruments any way and the scenery looks brighter too!

regards

Using MS FFB 2 here...

...with no problems and no need for the tool.

Does make one wonder.

yes Harry service pack 2 installed..

and

Snave.. are you on the huey and do you get any FFB return to centre?

I'll try re-using the launcher one more time .. if no-go then I think I'll keep the MS2FFB for Black Shark and the dodo, and fly the huey with the evo..

thanks for responses..