Re-installing AES on new PC

Got a new PC Windows7 64 bits for FS9 (which I had on my old PC) and FSX.

Have (re) installed several but not all my Airports for which I have AES.

What is the easy way to copy the files into the new PC.

I have Aerosoft airports installed so there is an Aerosoft folder in the main FS folders.

Which files need to be copied and do I tick the airports again to make them work.

As I now have FSX do I do the same procedure as in FS9 and are these FS9 credits also for FSX?

Do I need to install AES first before the files or is the order not important ? And is there only one version for both Fl.Sims.

Have not installed the Windows SP 1 update as yet.

• Verified Developer

Copy the <FS9>\Aerosoft\AES subdirectory Structure from the old PC, first to the <FS9>\Aerosoft\AES, start AESHelp from this Directory, go to the Airportlist and Press the "Repair/Resync" Button.

After that, run the newest installer (2.11 at the moment) first by selecting FS9, if that is done, restart the Installer and install it for FSX. The Credits are then transferred to the FSX install and all Activations, which exists in FSX too.

You should then have two AESHelp Shortcut on the desktop, one FS9 and one FSX.

Thanks for your quick reply.

As yet I do not have an AES sub-folder in Aerosoft.

Can I just copy the AES folder from the old PC with all its contents into the main Aerosoft folder in FS9 folder?

Also do I use the Repair/Resync button for each individual airport or does this button automatically do all the airports together at once.

• Verified Developer

- Yes copy the AES Structure below Aerosoft

- The Repair Button will check all Airports, which are found as installed and set active for the FS, just press it once.

All airports you install later will get active, when you start AESHelp after the airport install and press YES when he give you the list of new found Airports.

Just a small question.

Since I re-installed on the new PC I have bought new credits and used a couple of them.

The e-mail states that I have to keep the credit number safe.

I have the old PC AES backup on an USB.

Do I need to copy the very large AES folder back to the USB, in order to protect the present information.

Or are only a number of files involved in this process of added credits & airports which need to be "saved".

• Verified Developer

You can Backup all *.Dat. Files off the AES Mainfolder, then all Important Data are save