Persistent Fluid levels?

Erlk0enig

Hi all,

this is my first post in this community, so I want to greet everyone in here first. I have a few questions on your latest masterpiece, the Katana, which seems to be a very nice tool for the preparation of my flights in the real Katana.

I read in another thread that the fuel level is not saved automatically. I assume that I can just save and resume my last flight, so that the fuel level won't be full again each time?

Is the Oil level saved from flight to flight, so a realistic oil consumption can be seen, depending on engine wear, usage, etc.?

Is there a way to make a "cold and dark"-state on demand, by pushing a button or do I have to reload the aircraft with the preselected state (Cold & dark / Parked) to simulate this?

Thanks in advance,

E.

Yes fuel is saved from flight to flight so if you resume a flight you pick up where you left off.

Yes, oil level and all other maintenance and wear and tear items are `persistent` which means consumption is based on usage. Abuse increases oil consumption, but as the engine also `wears out` I've assumed that it increases over lifespan too, unless preventative maintenance is carried out - the first sign of the necessity for which is excessive oil consumption! Only time and flight hours will tell!

The state is detected automatically - on startup you see a box on the left hand side in external view which describes various parameters including the current aircraft state. If the aircraft isn't in a `cold and dark` state, you simply make it so THEN save the flight. That will ensure that resumption of the flight recovers the previous state.

Cold and dark is simply switching off battery and generator, avionics and magnetos, then remove the key. There is no requirement in the real Katana to pull circuit breakers for normal use. For reasons which have already been explained in the forum, it is NOT advisable to use any other aircrafts cold and dark setting before switching to the Katana.

As I posted elsewhere my Katana isn't restored to its saved state unless I switch to the default trike in the FSX main menu... When I leave the Katana cold and dark and parked and save the flight as default and then simply start from that flight later on, the battery and avionics are on. No matter what state I select in the Settings menu.

Come to think of it, maybe I should NOT save the flight as default... but as a 'normal' flight and load that one...? I'll give that a try. Anyway, the 'forced' modes don't really seem to work over here.

As I posted elsewhere my Katana isn't restored to its saved state unless I switch to the default trike in the FSX main menu... When I leave the Katana cold and dark and parked and save the flight as default and then simply start from that flight later on, the battery and avionics are on. No matter what state I select in the Settings menu.

Come to think of it, maybe I should NOT save the flight as default... but as a 'normal' flight and load that one...? I'll give that a try. Anyway, the 'forced' modes don't really seem to work over here.

The Katana will not save the last status or default status but will try to recognize the situation when it is loaded. For example you started FSX and your Cessna is on ground with running engine, the Katana says "hey- I am on ground with an running engine - I will configure myself to be ready to taxi". If the Cessna or whatever aircraft - it can be the Katana too - is on ground with engine and power off, it will configure itself to be parked. Or if it is airborne it will be configured to be flying.

Oil consumption on the Katana is very low so it is much more probably that the oil filter has to be changend together with the oil, depending on what kind of fuel you have been using.

to Snave:

How did you manage to have it restore the previous flights fuel level? Every time i reload it after having turned everything off in the default Cessna, the fuel level is always refilled in the Katana, as it is in every add on aircraft I have. Do you save the situations each time? The only add on I have which saves the fuel levels is the A2A Spitfire.

to Snave:

How did you manage to have it restore the previous flights fuel level? Every time i reload it after having turned everything off in the default Cessna, the fuel level is always refilled in the Katana, as it is in every add on aircraft I have. Do you save the situations each time? The only add on I have which saves the fuel levels is the A2A Spitfire.

I think that in order to save fule you have to save the situation each and every time. Saving a flight as default and then using the FSX main menu to setup a new flight, will result in the default amount of fuel being loaded. So after shutting things down, etc. you have to save the flight and then reload that exact flight the next time.