Graphical issues

Janus92

Hello, I noticed that after some time, mostly cold and dark, I get some graphical issues! Take a look at the screenshots I will put in here. Also gps shining through on OAT and clock sometimes.

Any idea what this might be caused by? I have seen it on some other 3rd party aircraft also..

Thanks in advance ;)

Janus

post-41196-0-89232900-1303633253_thumb.j

Hello, I noticed that after some time, mostly cold and dark, I get some graphical issues! Take a look at the screenshots I will put in here. Also gps shining through on OAT and clock sometimes.

Any idea what this might be caused by? I have seen it on some other 3rd party aircraft also..

Thanks in advance ;)

Janus

System specs? How are you running FSX? Full screen, windowed, multi screen. Absolutely nothing to go on here. If you can't think what information might be required, supply it all.

If it's happening with other aircraft too, then obviously it's not a Katana-specific issue, is it?

System specs? How are you running FSX? Full screen, windowed, multi screen. Absolutely nothing to go on here. If you can't think what information might be required, supply it all.

If it's happening with other aircraft too, then obviously it's not a Katana-specific issue, is it?

I'm running fsx in full screen and as administrator, I have a Nvidia 8600GTS, and run windows 7 with 64 bits. Although I don't think that is relevant, because I had it before on vista 32bits.

What I mean with other aircraft is, is that I don't have it on default aircrafts, but sometimes I do have it on aircraft I find on flightsim.com and the avsim library, but again not all. Yes, It is very probably linked to something in my system, but no idea as to what.

When I have this problem I reduce the size of the popup window, and then it's fixed for a little while (1 or 2 mins). I will also include a picture of the gps shining though on the OAT and clock, that one I forgot to add..

So, in case I wasn't clear enough :blush:, I would like to know if anyone knows anything about this kind of behaviour. It's just meant to be sure. It might be something so very simple I completely missed, and that would be a shame.

;)Janus

post-41196-0-73056400-1303636088_thumb.j

post-41196-0-26970700-1303636417_thumb.j

If its intermittent, then I'd try re-building the shader cache. Check that you don't have a duplicate entry for graphic card in FSX .cfg and perhaps try some different drivers.

Thanks for the tips!

Ok, no duplicates in the fsx.cfg. Still had the problems.

After that I tried to rebuild the shader cache, and no problems so far! I'll report back later

Janus

As of yesterday evening it was still there though.

I did however get ctds again with the katana running, so I checked the fsx.cfg again (as you suggested might be able to shit up everyhting), just to be sure, and then I found one duplicate that I had overseen: One that was put in with Jesus Altuves Memfix=1 program, it put an extra line 'shader primed' or something in the fsx.cfg which was already there. And since I was one of the few people that the fix didn't work on I just took the whole fix out and that got rid of the CTDs. So maybe a hint to check te fsx.cfg if anyone else gets CTDs.

And I have not seen the above mentioned graphical issues after I took the fix away, so maybe??

Actually I had a little adventure yesterday when flying over open water (40 miles to nearest) and suddenly the CHT went through the roof. But the engine just kept on going on a low powersettings, no problems at all. On the ground I checked the radiator fluids and oil quantity, but both were more than satisfactory. Engine needed a little fixing though after the flight, but no idea what was fixed exactly. My guess is that the radiator fluids weren't reaching the engine for some reason, but what could get it blocked is still a mystery for me! :P

I just have to say it again, you guys are awesome! For the plane :wub:, the incredible detail and the feeling of flying out there for real, but also for the great support and interest you all show! Keep up the good work!

A very excited and happy Janus ^_^

post-41196-0-35142000-1303739023_thumb.j

post-41196-0-92845600-1303739174_thumb.j

post-41196-0-94920800-1303739205_thumb.j

post-41196-0-94093600-1303740005_thumb.j