Question re: Prop Lever/FSUIPC

Alan_A

This is an extraordinary piece of work. I've only had the chance for a brief flight but I have to say it exceeds all my expectations (which were pretty high to begin with) and blows away nearly all the GA in my hangar.

I have one small issue. I notice that the prop lever doesn't respond when I select the FSUIPC option, even though I calibrate my controls through FSUIPC (using the "send direct to FSUIPC" setting, bypassing FSX, where controllers are disabled). However, the lever does respond when I select the FSX controller option. It almost feels as though the two settings are reversed, though I realize it could easily be some issue on my system.

Similarly, the flaps handle responds to my hardware flaps switch (again set up through FSUIPC) when the compatibility option is select, not when the realistic option is checked.

I'm using a CH throttle quadrant calibrated and with buttons assigned entirely through FSUIPC (no CH control manager, no FSX settings). My FSUIPC is 4.70b, the just-released full-install version - registred, of course.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this.

And thanks for one of the all-time great FS airplanes.

Hello Alan,

It could be, that another setting with this axis in FSUIPC or FSX could be a conflict. And did you use "Send to FS as normal axis" > "4X DA20-100: L:LEVER PROPELLER PITCH Set"?

You can use standard commands with the Flap Lever set to compatibility mode or have your own buttons set with "4X DA20-100: L:LEVER FLAPS POSITION Set" and Parameters 0, 1 and 3. This is no axis as the Katana has a 3-POS switch.

I should make this clear in the manual. So thanks for the hint!

Greetings,

Marcel

Hello Alan,

It could be, that another setting with this axis in FSUIPC or FSX could be a conflict. And did you use "Send to FS as normal axis" > "4X DA20-100: L:LEVER PROPELLER PITCH Set"?

You can use standard commands with the Flap Lever set to compatibility mode or have your own buttons set with "4X DA20-100: L:LEVER FLAPS POSITION Set" and Parameters 0, 1 and 3. This is no axis as the Katana has a 3-POS switch.

I should make this clear in the manual. So thanks for the hint!

Greetings,

Marcel

No, all my axes are marked to be sent to FSUIPC directly.

If I understand your message - and if I'm right about the 4X Katana macro that now appears in my FSUIPC.ini - it seems that there are now FSUIPC commands that are specific to the Katana. If so, I'll try to create a Katana profile and reassign the prop lever and the flap switch for that profile only.

I'm in and out today and traveling tomorrow and Sunday (missing lots of Katana time :angry: ) but I'll see if I can steal a few minutes and try this out. Worst case, I'll report back after the weekend.

Thanks yet again for giving us a great FS experience.

I'm another one with a problem setting the flaps through FSUIPC (got the prop pitch to work - eventually!). I will point out that I am very new to FSUIPC, so its probably something simple. I have set one of the toggle buttons on my X52 Pro to move flaps up in one direction and the other direction for down (aliasing them to F6 and F7) but this only shifts them between up (0) and T/O. How do I get the buttons to move flaps from T/O (1) to Landing (2?) and back up to T/O from Landing? I see you mention parameters 0,1,3 but I can find no reference to setting these up in the FSUIPC manual.

I am probably a dunce, so you will have to bear with me if this sort of thing has been second nature to you all for years - we all have to start somewhere!

Amazing piece of work Marcel. Worthy successor to the Do27 in every respect.

Nick.