How to Allocate View

rocky

OK guys, I'm sure I'm out on a limb here because I should know how to do this, but I have trawled the workings of FSX and to date cannot find a clue. I fly the Aerosoft X and do not have Ezdok or Itrack software. My dilemma is that while flying, because there is no way of allocating space on a second monitor for the instruments, when I want to simply look at an instrument I have to allocate a key, which is OK in itself but I either have to scroll through a key to the desired view or I have to click on a key and then click another to return to the VC. My question is, is there anyway of allocating a view, for example of the primary instrument display by toggle on one key so I can click it, see the istrument and then return to the previous view by clicking the same key again? In other words, from my VC view I simply want to click a key to see an instrument, then click again (same key) and return to the VC view. I can't find anyway of doing this... durhhh. Any help will be very much appreciated, thanks guys.

While you wait for the answer, a simple workaround is to use the windows drop down menu - right click with mouse and choose the view from the menu.

The use Ctrl+S to get back to the previous view (or F9 if it was the VC) and Ctrl+ S again to swap directly back to the previous view.

While you wait for the answer, a simple workaround is to use the windows drop down menu - right click with mouse and choose the view from the menu.

The use Ctrl+S to get back to the previous view (or F9 if it was the VC) and Ctrl+ S again to swap directly back to the previous view.

Cheers Simon, I'll check out your suggestion and then from that maybe able to do a little more experimenting

Wit a little digging you can find out how to disable the views you don't want, but this seems to solve the problem for me 90 percent of the time without messing with .cfg's and view files.

It seems that many times that view switch is on the basis of `quick look and see` followed by a return to the basic VC, then another QLAS and return - and for that Ctrl+S suffices.

Wit a little digging you can find out how to disable the views you don't want, but this seems to solve the problem for me 90 percent of the time without messing with .cfg's and view files.

It seems that many times that view switch is on the basis of `quick look and see` followed by a return to the basic VC, then another QLAS and return - and for that Ctrl+S suffices.

S7re, thanks, that's exactly what I want... a quick glance at an instrument and then return to the VC. I haven't had time recently but hope to sort it over the weekend, cheers.