Initial zoom of the Huey

Moshe

Moshe, have a look in aircraft config, and look under ''camera definitions''.You'll have to look for the right one in relation to VC view.( in the default 737 its named ''Right Seat'')If theres an entry for ''initial zoom'', try playin with the number that follows after it. ( if number is 0.9, then change to 0.6 for example, whitch willl give a wider view)

I cant test at the moment as i dont have it installed.

Thanks Luke. Before I asked I tried the VC Initial Zoom in the Huey cfg and so in the cameras.cfg of FSX as well. Maybe I need to look at "right seat". I'll give it another look

Thanks a lot.

Moshe

Guest Hodge001

Hi

Although I don’t have the initial zoom issue as I use the EZCA software, I do seem to remember from my own previous attempts at altering this setting that even though you have altered the initial zoom setting in the individual aircraft configuration file it does not seem to work unless you also alter the same setting in the cameras.cfg file located in the main FSX folder, I think the reason may be that FS reads this file at the start up of the sim and uses that initial zoom setting as the default.

If you do want to try altering the settings of the main cameras.cfg file please make a back up of the file and save it in a safe place, just in case things go pear shaped.

I hope it helps, I also hope it works.

Jim Hodkinson

Thank you, Jim. Changing both VC Initial Zoom values (cameras.cfg and Huey aircraft.cfg) from 0.7 to 0.6 or 0.5 did not change the loaded setup.

Aerosoft - Can you please advise

Thank you

Moshe