Just bought Airbus X

Wynthorpe

Hello Wynthorpe,

I know this may be a long shot but when you re-installed your system complete and got the module to work, what programs or anything did you not re-install or what was different about your system after.

Hello Shaun,

Addons wise I had installed EZDOK EZCA camera the last time before i installed the Airbus. Software wise i had quite a few programs for overclocking such as OCCT, Prime95, CPU-Z, MSI afterburner.

its a strange phenomenom thats for sure as i have all my addons installed now and no problems at all, even deleted the Airbus X and reinstalled no problem at all!!!

Thanks

Simon

Hello Simon,

Could be a lot of things that then caused this to have happened in the first instance, corrupted file, corrupted registry entry etc etc etc.

But it does prove a point in one sense that if your product had these issues before but does not now means that the product was fine to start with but something else was causing the problem.

Thanks :) Erm... FSDT KLAS, Aerosoft US Cities Las Vegas, GEX, REX2.0.

What call outs are them LH1711? What do they change? or do they add anything?

Simon

It is just a callout replacement for the 400,200,100...... callouts!

You can find them in the download section.

• 3 months later...
Guest vbdriver

Hello Simon,

Could be a lot of things that then caused this to have happened in the first instance, corrupted file, corrupted registry entry etc etc etc.

But it does prove a point in one sense that if your product had these issues before but does not now means that the product was fine to start with but something else was causing the problem.

shaun

can i add to your suspicions (with what appears a new circumstance).

i had been successfully flying both the a320 & 1cfm planes in various liveries for many months/hours/flights.

last week for the first time though i received the startup error about gpsmodule.dll & subsequently the non functioning scratchpad of the mcdu.

after reviewing the many posts on the problem, i did a re-install to no avail.

it was then i realised, my experience of the problem began immediately after updating my fsuipc from vers 4.60 to 4.70c - wherein fsuipc.dll is added to the same modules folder.

curious isn't it & circumstantial.

any thoughts (by anyone) ... i wonder if pete dowson is watching ??

cheers

john

Hello all,

I've been quite a satisfied Aerosoft customer, but I must say that the Airbus X has let me down somewhat. I have had quite a bit of trouble with getting it run properly (and it still doesn't). The things I see seem like that the product was built too much beyond FSX capabilities. I certainly appreciate the goal there (striving for realism), but I can't be happy with a product struggling to run with all extra DLL's and whatnot, causing frequent crashes and strange bugs (inop MCDU and throttle, for example).

I strongly feel (being at software industry myself) that customers shouldn't have to do this much troubleshooting. Having to re-install everything isn't something you honestly can expect people to do. Especially given that the product was aimed at "casual" simmers who just want to fly the Airbus after work. Using my limited free time troubleshooting the product is wasting my time, sadly.

Ok, having said that, I do have a constructive suggestion.

Even though re-installing the system is not everyone's cup of tea, I'm sure a lot of people would benefit of having a some idea what kind of setup is most likely to work. I'm sure you at Aerosoft already know the setup and parts of it has been mentioned in the forum as well. What we need is to have some advice on that and also FAQ of the most common problems and solutions (MCDU etc). I know that you can find them in the forum, but it has really cluttered a lot already so it's getting increasingly difficult to find solutions to common problems. (Myself I spent something like two hours researching and fiddling with the MCDU problem.)

So, could you recommend how to setup a new system? I'm sure one thing that needs to be mentioned is the FSX install path, which, I believe, should be something other than within Program Files. Should you run it as an administrator? (I hope not as it is an extremely bad idea security-wise.) Any other considerations with the install of FSX or Airbus X? What are the configuration files and DLL that most likely get corrupted (for example when installing other add-ons)?

I hope I'm being constructive enough, and I apologize if there already is a good consice FAQ of the issues (I couldn't find one though).

well first of all i dont know if a compleat re-install is req as if you just re-instaled as shown in this post i hope it should be enough to remove all files from airbus X and be ready for a new install that works. but why it happens for some after some time or at the begining, i cant tell: http://forum.aerosof...pic/39663-mcdu/

About a new install of windows and fsx you are right some advice you not to install in the default: Program Files but as ex C:\FSX

well first of all i dont know if a compleat re-install is req as if you just re-instaled as shown in this post i hope it should be enough to remove all files from airbus X and be ready for a new install that works. but why it happens for some after some time or at the begining, i cant tell: http://forum.aerosof...pic/39663-mcdu/

Thanks, I think I'll try that before complete FSX / Windows re-install. But the fact that I've already got FSX in a "wrong" directory (it's the default for crying out loud) and that from what I've gathered there might be multiple copies of certain DLL's around causing version troubles (even wrong version of FSUIPC?), it may end up with re-installing everything. If that helps, of course.

It might be causing problems that I've been running (successfully) FSX as a normal user, and only when I need to install anything to FSX I do that with the administrator account. Now user-specific settings or permissions can easily go wrong with that. In my opinion though, that's how it's supposed to be, even with home computers.

Anyway, having a FAQ of these or at least links to most important fixes one can do would really help.

About: having a FAQ of these or at least links to most important fixes one can do would really help.

yes would try but the main problem is that i canĀ“t give posts Pinned status as posible fix or info as that would be easy to locate.

about: DLL's around causing version troubles

well for some programs it removes the default dll file, like airbus X. To get the default file back or the version before airbus X you could do it manualy, after uninstall if it isent done auto. as for each program there edit the dll file, creates a back up. so if FSUIPC was instaled right before airbus X, take that file as it is named before airbus X (something like that) and re-name to dll but first delt the file whit the same name. this way you could go back to where you wanĀ“t. just remember to backup so you dont stand and say hay it was a wrong file. the files are also shown on my picture nr 2 on the othere post you see in the right corner. (DLL_XML_before_mallorca X for FSX_was) and so on that is the back up files of the dll files that have been modyfyeid.

running the program whit admin rights is a known thing of vista and win7, not only for fsx but also other programs.

yes would try but the main problem is that i canĀ“t give posts Pinned status as posible fix or info as that would be easy to locate.

It should be done by Aerosoft support. I'm fairly certain there are quite a few people who bought the product and found out it doesn't work, but don't have the time, energy and knowledge to research the problem from dozens of forum threads. They just probably take the loss and put the product away. For them it would be really helpful to give some easily accessible advice. Not that it would make it ok to have a broken product.

A big thanks to you of course for giving a helping hand.

well for some programs it removes the default dll file, like airbus X. To get the default file back or the version before airbus X you could do it manualy, after uninstall if it isent done auto. as for each program there edit the dll file, creates a back up. so if FSUIPC was instaled right before airbus X, take that file as it is named before airbus X (something like that) and re-name to dll but first delt the file whit the same name.

I'm not sure I followed through, but do you mean I should be able to find old DLL files somewhere? I mean the ones that may have been overwritten by Airbus X? Anyway in general I think that might not work, let's say FSUIPC overwrites a system DLL (I don't know whether it does or not, but just for the sake of argument), I'm not going to get the old one back am I? But it could be the one Airbus X relies on. Well anyway, I'm just speculating, but it seems something like that must be going on under the hood. Not probably related to FSUIPC, but you get the idea: Airbus X is relying on something that isn't constant on every machine, depending on what's installed.

running the program whit admin rights is a known thing of vista and win7, not only for fsx but also other programs.

Is it really? I have to say I'm not a professional Windows user, but it seems very strange. What would be the point of having user accounts then, as an admin can do anything? If that's the norm it's no wonder there is so much malware and viruses getting around. Anyway, this isn't related to Airbus X or Aerosoft, although it's now the first time I get any problems with this. Haven't had any problems with other add-ons so far.