Spoilers (Extension and Retraction)

Rocketeer

Hi Folks,

I've been flying the Aerosoft Airbus X for quite some time now and so far I am pleased with my purchase.

Although it's a great product it still has its flaws.

The one I want to discuss here is the Groundspoilers Retraction uppon setting the throttles from Reverse to Idle by pressing the F1 key.

It seems the spoilers retract as soon as reverse thrust is disengaged!

I have flown on many A320s and the spoilers are always retracted according to the pilots decision of returning the lever from FULL to 0.

Is there a solution to this?

Is anyone else experiencing an identical phenomenon?unsure.gif

Hi,

in reality the spoilers do not retract when the thrust is set to idle, they retract as soon as there's thrust given or they are just disarmed - these are the two methods of retracting the spoilers on the Airbus after landing.

In flight simulator this also happens on many more aircraft, it is due to a limitation in FS code.

Hi,

in reality the spoilers do not retract when the thrust is set to idle, they retract as soon as there's thrust given or they are just disarmed - these are the two methods of retracting the spoilers on the Airbus after landing.

In flight simulator this also happens on many more aircraft, it is due to a limitation in FS code.

Thx for the reply!

I am very much aware of limitations inside FSX, but if PMDG and others can do it, why not Aerosoft?

Anyhow I'm enjoying this plane a lot!

Hope some update or SP will fix this...

• 7 months later...

Hi

I am new to the Aerosoft Forums and want to ask if there is a way to make all the spoilers work when the three FADEC buttons are switched off. I like to land the airbus with FADEC off and when doing it this way the centre wing spoilers don't work. I know this is to stop the aircraft handling like a eurofighter in the "AIR", but when you want to descend quickly in to a tricky airport, or stop quickly on a short runway, this does not help!!

HELP!, because i just overshot at london city!

Hi

I am new to the Aerosoft Forums and want to ask if there is a way to make all the spoilers work when the three FADEC buttons are switched off. I like to land the airbus with FADEC off and when doing it this way the centre wing spoilers don't work. I know this is to stop the aircraft handling like a eurofighter in the "AIR", but when you want to descend quickly in to a tricky airport, or stop quickly on a short runway, this does not help!!

HELP!, because i just overshot at london city!

Hi,

with the FADEC off the Spoilers won't work. This is normal. Although I don't know how much details have been integrated in the virtual bus.

But I can fully understand your problem, but why don't you just switch them on, they are mandatory for normal flight procedures.

When talking about London City I have to say that you CANNOT land an A320 there. Only A318 with the special steep approaches kit can do that and are authorized to do it. Otherwise the problem with overshooting will occur, as you have described.

Regards

Hi I am new to the Aerosoft Forums and want to ask if there is a way to make all the spoilers work when the three FADEC buttons are switched off. I like to land the airbus with FADEC off and when doing it this way the centre wing spoilers don't work. I know this is to stop the aircraft handling like a eurofighter in the "AIR", but when you want to descend quickly in to a tricky airport, or stop quickly on a short runway, this does not help!! HELP!, because i just overshot at london city!

You can try my alternative to aerosoft FBW here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php/topic/46910-my-alternative-to-aerosoft-fbw-v08d/

About the overshooting problem,

I agree with Piper Pilot about landing at LCY if you are trying to land there.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Thanks for that. But it still amazes me that you can "land" a plane with FADEC on. The plane seems far to laggy to respond quick enough. Maybe it's my joystick settings, lol! Thanks, and I will use a crj next time at LCY!