Missing Mega Airport Ground Textures, Fs2004

andqui

The following is what I see after installing Mega Airport Lisbon 2008 for Fs2004.

There are no ground textures/airport polygons.

In the scenery manager, the priority, from top to bottom, is SC, LC, and ME, which I believe is correct. I've tried other orders, but haven't had any success.

ideas?

thanks

post-31695-052855100 1289855803_thumb.jp

post-31695-020848500 1289855822_thumb.jp

OK, I'll just backup the scenery.cfg and only have Lisbon installed, and will see if that will work.

Are there any ideas as to what would cause this to happen, if I can't find the problem in the above manner? I

During installation, I checked that I was using a STRM Portugal mesh, as I currently have this installed: http://www.simviation.com/fsdterrainsrtm.htm

Might that be a source of the problem?

thanks

Hello Andqui,

I dont know what you did but you only needed to disable all the other 3rd party scenery entries in the scenery library including the Add-On Scenery folder.

Did you also install any other scenery in the area by that i dont mean just locally as other sceneries 100's of miles away can cause issues elsewhere.

Do you have any AI Traffic programs installed as well as you may want to check to see if it installs its own AFCAD that you disable it for Lisbon so the Lisbon 2008 AFCAD is the only one loading.

I have done that- "I just disabled every scenery/mesh/landclass/object library that I had that was not default"-i.e. I disabled all other 3rd party scenery entries in the scenery library including the Add-On Scenery folder.

I still get the same problem with the missing ground textures.

If I disable the aerosoft Lisbon scenery, I get the stock, default Lisbon airport, with a working airport polygon, no problem.

If I enable the Lisbon scenery, I get the objects and buildings, but no ground textures, and even the airport polygon disappears, leaving me with the generic city textures under the airport, as seen in the screenshot.

By AI programs, do you mean Ultimate traffic or something like that? No I don't, but I do have hundreds of traffic files, from AIG, WOAI, and MAIW. I go through these very carefully to make sure they don't sneak in AFCAD's- so the traffic isn't causing a problem. I don't see this issue at any other airport, including several other Aerosoft Mega Airports.

In terms of other sceneries, I have nothing else installed in Portugal except for a global mesh from http://www.simviatio...terrainsrtm.htm and the global MyWorld landclass. As stated before, I've allready tried disabling these and all other third party sceneries, so that's not what's causing the problem.

Besides disabling all other sceneries, which did not fix the issue, what else do you suggest to try?

What's the name of the file that controls the airport background, so I can check to see if it is present? What's the number of the AP*******.bgl file that contains Lisbon so I can see if something's wrong there?

Hello Andqui,

Please check the following folder to see if this file exists LPPT_APT04.bmp as this is one of the background textures for the airport.

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aerosoft\Lissabon 2008_SC\Texture