FBW off tweak

KAPTEJNLN

Well hello guys now been working for a while on this tweak to fly whit out FBW, as for mee and others hard to fly manual whit FBW on becaus of many factors.

Plz remember this file i attached is only for the Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM folder. Easy to instal just make an backup of your folder first, then insert he files i attached.

Then start FS and start up the plane and before takke off turn off FBW as showed on the picture attached. or waint to decent as you have to turn it on again in the air as ap works best whit it on in some cases, it can fly whit out it on. then torn it off before landing. you could also do as i do turn FBW off before departure and not engage anymore. but is what you feel there is best for you.

dont know if you have to recalibrate it to the new way it works whit fbw off but have testet it whit the new vaulv and it match the sec it takes to turn from neutral to and to max of 1 of the sides so it is the same time as when fbw is on just note no delay.

By the way what does it fix

1 the ap disengage up/down

2 at 100 ft up/down effect

3 to long control delay

I would have been more then happy if i was abel to fix FBW and also now have a look in to but not promising anything. but note there is an isue whit alerons visual when doing this and cant finde a way to avoide it as it is becaus of the changesed vaulve in the Aircraft CFG to slow the controls

ouch, that hurts badly!

Folks, I know we are all a little bit unsatisfied with the implementation of the default FBW,

but turning the FLT CTL off is muuuuch more unrealistic than the default FBW with all its bugs!

You are turning the airbus into an Extra200 aerobatic plane!

I´ve flown several hours on different airbus types in full flight simulators (A320, A321, A340, A380) and I have to say

the default FBW isn´t that bad! OK, I also hate the nosedive when disengaging the AP etc. but flying

an airbus without FBW (even a bad one) is no option! Then it´s no airbus anymore but only a plane which

looks like an airbus.

Sorry, I respect your efforts with this workaround, kaptejnln, this is no offense,

but Airbus philosophy and manual trimming are a bad match!

Timo

ouch, that hurts badly!

Folks, I know we are all a little bit unsatisfied with the implementation of the default FBW,

but turning the FLT CTL off is muuuuch more unrealistic than the default FBW with all its bugs!

You are turning the airbus into an Extra200 aerobatic plane!

I´ve flown several hours on different airbus types in full flight simulators (A320, A321, A340, A380) and I have to say

the default FBW isn´t that bad! OK, I also hate the nosedive when disengaging the AP etc. but flying

an airbus without FBW (even a bad one) is no option! Then it´s no airbus anymore but only a plane which

looks like an airbus.

Sorry, I respect your efforts with this workaround, kaptejnln, this is no offense,

but Airbus philosophy and manual trimming are a bad match!

Timo

i completely agree but what shall i do when my plane starts pitching down like a suicide bomber atat 400 ft RA? Bettter landing like an extra200 than crashing into the suburbs off some city...

Yep thats right but seems to be working best, i havent been sayeing it should be real but a way of doeing it posible to fly it. but if the main bug should be removed from FBW it would be a changes in default FBW wher it dose its nose dive, as corected to the limits after wards is not working best, and in some way i think it also gives extra work load for the pc. by the way by only using the AP1Disp XML file would fix it back to before nose up/ down effect. as far as i remember

about just wonder if it is a MUST to switch those buttons of when already downloaded your tweak? well yes if you want to get rid of FBW but if you just want to remove the effects add in the updates do the thing above that should bee enough

Update. lol there you was a step ahead :-)

i completely agree but what shall i do when my plane starts pitching down like a suicide bomber atat 400 ft RA? Bettter landing like an extra200 than crashing into the suburbs off some city...

Don't turn off autopilot at 400 feet! You should be set up for landing well before that. When at full flaps and at correct vref (this should be at least by 1000 feet), add just a little back pressure on the sidestick in order to catch the nose-down that will happen 3 seconds after autopilot disconnect. After that follow the glide-slope and line-up using very small adjustments or deflections of the sidestick. No need to turn off ELAC. If you use large deflection of the sidestick, the FBW will interpret this as a change of pitch or bank command and guide the Bus accordingly. I haven't crashed a plane since I started doing it this way.

Try it, it works....

Don't turn off autopilot at 400 feet! You should be set up for landing well before that. When at full flaps and at correct vref (this should be at least by 1000 feet), add just a little back pressure on the sidestick in order to catch the nose-down that will happen 3 seconds after autopilot disconnect. After that follow the glide-slope and line-up using very small adjustments or deflections of the sidestick. No need to turn off ELAC. If you use large deflection of the sidestick, the FBW will interpret this as a change of pitch or bank command and guide the Bus accordingly. I haven't crashed a plane since I started doing it this way.

Try it, it works....

just to make clear:

i'm speaking of a full manual control, like you'll need it at Kos Airport for example. AP is already switched off since visual contact with the runway. flaps at pos 3 for landing.

now as i'm reinstalling my fsx i can't try, but as soon as my fsx is rebuilt i will start my new attemps, thanks for the hint!

Could you tell how is your tweak differs from specifying fly_by_wire=0 in Aircraft.cfg?

well if you just remove fly_by_wire= 1 you dont have to push any buttons but in some way it turns more systems down then by pressing the 2 buttons i showed. also i have been delting some things to get it working some variabels. changesed how fast control response is. but is is more work then just removeing 1 line :-)

just to make clear:

i'm speaking of a full manual control, like you'll need it at Kos Airport for example. AP is already switched off since visual contact with the runway. flaps at pos 3 for landing.

now as i'm reinstalling my fsx i can't try, but as soon as my fsx is rebuilt i will start my new attemps, thanks for the hint!

If you make a visual approach, you should disengage the A/P long time before reaching 400 ft.

As airlinejet wrote, you just need little deflections of the sidestick. For manual flying of

an airbus you move the stick within the area of a coin!

Why flaps 3 for landing at Kos? You need flaps 3 only for single engine operation, strong crosswinds

(remember the wingstrike in Hamburg), overweight landing, etc.

Timo

tip: established on the glidepath in about 500-1000 ft, get prepared to disengage the AP´s.

By doing this, keep the stick pulled just a little bit to avert the nosedrop...just little sidestick-inputs.

Works for me.

Timo

If you make a visual approach, you have disengaged the A/P long time before reaching 400 ft.

that's the fact otherwise i would have found an answer in other threads.

Why flaps 3 for landing at Kos? You need flaps 3 only for single engine operation, strong crosswinds

(remember the wingstrike in Hamburg), overweight landing, etc.

oh, ok didn't know that