Update for EDDM?

pennkiwi

I feel like I just had an experience like Alice in Wonderland! I'm sorry if I sound rude but I have never had such a confusing and frustrating time trying to get an update to a product I have paid for and am registered for. Can someone tell me how to get the EDDM Munich 1.01 update? I tried the support section and it just keeps making me repeat the same thing over and over and goes nowhere!!! It tells me that I am registered for support for the product but the product does not show up in the list. I love Aerosoft products but this is ridiculous!

You could also go to your product side and download Munich again where you downloaded it in the first place.

Thanks. That's what I ended up doing. It meant having to uninstall and then do a new install but not a huge deal. But I'd still love to know why Aerosoft has chosen such an incredibly convoluted (and for me totally dysfunctional) system to allow customers to access upgrades? I've been buying add-ons since FS98 and have never encountered anything like it before... I followed instructions exactly and every time it led me back to a screen that offered to "add a new product" but never did. The list at the top of the page showed all the Aerosoft products including Megascenery Munich. But the list lower down that supposedly showed my products that are supported contained a bunch I have never purchased, some (but not all) that I had and only one Megascenery title - Budapest if I remember rightly. Sheez! Then when I tried to register Munich it told me it was already registered. And so back to the original screen I went and.... Like I said, it felt like Alice In Wonderland! Okay, I've vented. I feel better now...

:wacko:

Hello pennkiwi,

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with the Updates system.

The majority of the time is that customers log in and go straight to the drop down menu expecting all the products to be there but there not.

If the product is not in that list thats because the customer has not registered it.

Theres also a wonderful FAQ on all this here which explains how to do this, all in all its quite simple once you know how to do it. ;)

Hello pennkiwi,

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with the Updates system.

The majority of the time is that customers log in and go straight to the drop down menu expecting all the products to be there but there not.

If the product is not in that list thats because the customer has not registered it.

Theres also a wonderful FAQ on all this here which explains how to do this, all in all its quite simple once you know how to do it. ;)

Hi Sean

I did read the FAQ - and I do understand about the procedure. But yesterday the opening list did not have it, even though I went through the process of adding Megascenery Munich and got a confirming message. What was on that list was a bunch of products I've never purchased and some that I have, though I do not recall having ever "registered" them there before. I tried logging off and coming back again thinking that maybe it needed time to process it but as of last night it had not added Megascenery Munich to the list. However, today it's there so maybe it takes more time to update the data. But it was NOT there last night. What is also there are lots of products that I have never purchased...

The question still remains - why such a complex system? Surely once someone has purchased a product directly from Aerosoft it is registered and should automatically be qualified for support? Why make people go through a complicated procedure just to access updates? An update by itself isn't going to do anyone any good if they don't have the original product and if they have a pirated version you could make it that the update doesn't run unless they put in a valid code. Sorry to sound so quarrelsome. I'm not really that kind of person. But this frustrated the *&@@ out of me because it all seemed so unnecessary. I don't know of any other producer who uses a similar system...

The actual product I was trying to get updated (EDDM) is magnificent by the way. I am totally awed by its complexity and artistry and yet even with my very modest system I get adequate FPS. It has got to be a candidate for an AVSIM Gold Star. (If I was still an AVSIM reviewer and had done the review it would have been awarded - it meets all the criteria!)

Regards

Ian

Hello Ian,

I went there and followed my own instructions and found it straight away.

The list you seem to be referring to is the list you get of registered products after you have just logged into the Updates Section.

UpdatesRegistrationList.jpg

Hello Ian,

I went there and followed my own instructions and found it straight away.

The list you seem to be referring to is the list you get of registered products after you have just logged into the Updates Section.

UpdatesRegistrationList.jpg

Hi Shaun

Yes it's there now - plus some other products I have since registered. But try as I could, on the night I wrote my very frustrated post, it was not there even after I registered it. Maybe a server issue, maybe I was temporarily blind. But next morning when I tried again I found it immediately.

Anyway, all water under the bridge and it's fine now - though my comments about a complicated system are still my true thoughts. But nuff said - all is okay and well with the world

Ian