C4 Gauge

Lep

I've put in many hours into the Discus and find it truly rewarding and fun to fly.

A question I have about the C4 -- while the altitude shows in feet, may I know is the climb/descent number showing in feet/sec? It seems more like showing in m/sec.

Same for the vario "winter" gauge, this shows in feet/sec or m/sec?

Thanks.

Lep

Thanks for the kind words :-)

When the altimeter is in feet, the vario and the C4 showes knots (x100ft/minute) like normal general aviation variometers. It is almost the same than twice the metric value (metric 5m/s, imperial 10(x100)ft/min)

Bests Joachim

Thanks for the kind words :-)

When the altimeter is in feet, the vario and the C4 showes knots (x100ft/minute) like normal general aviation variometers. It is almost the same than twice the metric value (metric 5m/s, imperial 10(x100)ft/min)

Bests Joachim

Okay noted. A great piece of work, indeed. Thanks.

Lep

Hi Joachim,

I've been flying in the Discus B almost exclusively now and am enjoying a lot the "joy of flights powered by nature".

For the C4, I read up the manual but couldn't figure out how I may switch from the default vario mode to speed to fly mode. I understand the "petals" stand to show the same as the mechanical "winter" gauge, though it can also shows the speed to fly values which is helpful.

As for the other features of the C4, are they mostly modelled too?

Lep

All features of the C4 are in the simulator version, yes. (except for the settings menu)

the speed to fly switch is in the panel. sometimes here, someimes there. Depends on the version. Just look out for a small red switch

Cheers.

All features of the C4 are in the simulator version, yes. (except for the settings menu)

the speed to fly switch is in the panel. sometimes here, someimes there. Depends on the version. Just look out for a small red switch

Cheers.

Gosh ... how can I missed that?! I was looking for it in the C4's setting! Thanks.

Lep

FYI in a flapped glider the speed-to-fly switch is often connected to the flap lever so the switch happens when you go into negative flap. In standard-class gliders (no flaps) like the discus the pilot usually flips the switch - often the switch is put on the top of the joystick. In FSX you can configure a joystick control to flip the STF switch on the Aerosoft Discus if you follow the instructions in this tutorial - basically the C4 gauge is also monitoring an unused event (seatbelts on) and you can map a joystick button or keyboard key to that event in the usual FSX settings and it will then toggle the switch...

B21