AIR COND knobs no effect on temp

tup61

I know about the problems some are having with the COCKPIT, FWD and AFT CABIN knobs not rotating: they work fine on my computer, and so does the PACK FLOW knob. My question is: since these knobs do turn, should they have any effect? I tried various positions but the temps stay the exact same no matter what. Since other knobs do not rotate at all (and hence obviously aren't meant to have any effect) I wondered if these AIR COND knobs should have an effect or not. If they don't have an effect, they might as well not be moveable (to avoid confusion like I am having now ;) ).

Hello Jeroen,

Please see this thread here, same issue I believe.

No, it's the opposite. ^_^ When I said "I know about the problems some are having with the COCKPIT, FWD and AFT CABIN knobs not rotating" I was talking about the topic you linked me to. ;) With that person the knobs do not rotate but still have an effect. But on my computer the knobs DO turn but nothing changes when I check the ECAM pages! Temps stay at 24 no matter what.

So if I understand it well they SHOULD have an effect on temps?

When You change the knob setting temperature will raise or drop very slowly.

Unlike some other expensive add-on aircraft where the temperatures drop so quickly you think someone has opened a door at FL350 :ph34r:

Okay, I will try it again today. I looked at the MCDU for a few minutes yesterday and nothing happened. Guess I am used to the addons Andy refers too! :D

Hello guys

One last testimony from me concerning the sounds in VC cockpit - I think that this subject is connected to this topic.

(did not see special remark about the sound in the cockpit).

It seems that engine and fan sounds are over-covered by cooling or packs very noisy sound. I also tried to shut down the things on knobs but no effect neither.

As for a result, on take off, i cannot hear the typical "motor bike" sound of the Airbus. Its still the packs sound all over again.

checking in Airbus X base folder in simobjectsn, these motor bike sounds are there (and very well rendered) but we cannot hear them.

Oh biggrin.gif by the way, if you pretend packs sound are usual on a real VC cockpit, its'ok but

pilots do wear headphones ! and if you watch real take off, you do not hear packs or cooling sounds a lot.tongue.gif

Mason

thanks for all the good job anyway

I know about the problems some are having with the COCKPIT, FWD and AFT CABIN knobs not rotating: they work fine on my computer, and so does the PACK FLOW knob. My question is: since these knobs do turn, should they have any effect? I tried various positions but the temps stay the exact same no matter what. Since other knobs do not rotate at all (and hence obviously aren't meant to have any effect) I wondered if these AIR COND knobs should have an effect or not. If they don't have an effect, they might as well not be moveable (to avoid confusion like I am having now ;) ).

i have the same problem like y. whenever i load the "Cold & Dark" config, then the knobs are not animated more. my solution: save your own D&C config from the beginning with the standard load of the aircraft.

The air conditioning knobs work fine for me and I can confirm that they do change the temperature and this can be seen on the lower ECAM.

Chris

have you load the Cold & Dark preset before?

have you load the Cold & Dark preset before?

Hi. Yes, I start most of my flights from cold and dark. Are you using Track IR by any chance?

In any event try and zoom on the knob, sometimes I find I have to get closer to them to activate the click points, particularly when my PC is under heavy load.

Chris

hello

i ve also probleme on the air conditionning panel

-i m not able to change the zone temperature selector

-they all 3 stay in the cold position

-in flight , when i m looking to the ecam Cond page, i've very cold temperature like 1 or 2°c...

hard for passenger...

good night and thks a lot

The air conditioning knobs work fine for me and I can confirm that they do change the temperature and this can be seen on the lower ECAM.

Chris

Yes, they do. I gave it another try yesterday and this time I waited a bit longer to see if it made a difference. And it did! ^_^

hello every body

just to say that now , my air conditioning knobs is working correctly

i have to reinstall AirbusX due to a wrong manip, and i have install the german version, and i don t know why but the problem is gone:D

my knobs is now rotated and change the temperature !! great

good day to all