ECAM

Salud

Hi,

my problem is when I try to klick through the ECAM pages it always jumps back where it was.

for example

I turn on the ecam and it shows the apu page and I klick on door, the door button lights up and it jumps back to apu

Am I doing something wrong?

You probably pressed the ALL button once. If you do so all ECAM screens will be shown with short intervals. Pressing the ALL button again should bring you back to normal mode.

Another possibility is that there is something wrong (is there an amber warning on the ECAM screen)? If there is something wrong the relevant ECAM screen comes up and stays ther until the problem is solved. Pressing CLR will clear the message and enable you to watch other screens again. (And presing RCL should show you the last screen with problems again, although that didn't work for me the one time I tried it).

I noticed the behaviour as described by J van E as well. It is not as in the real aircraft and it has nothing to do with the ALL-Key.

Hope this helps,

Jan

Then it has to be a page that shows a current problem. You can only get rid of that page by clicking CLR: pressing another page key won't help.

Then it has to be a page that shows a current problem. You can only get rid of that page by clicking CLR: pressing another page key won't help.

Hi, Maybe it helps maybe it doesnt, but last night when I started the engines the selector for the way u start the engines(cant remember the name for the switch) normaly it says Normal, I switcht it to the right.

After I started both engines I forgot to swtich it back to Normal. In flight I wanted to select other pages but is didnt work, it to stayed on the APU page.

The switch I mean is the one in the middle of the engine 1 and 2 starter switch.

I hope this helps, sorry for my bad english typing.

Kind Regards

Melvin Koppe.wink.gif

The ECAM works as it should.

It will show the most relevant ECAM page for the phase of flight You are in.

Engines shut down: DOORS page

Engines starting: ENG page

Engines started and taxi: WHEEL page

Moving fligtcontrols: FCTR page

Climb cruise and descend: Cruise page (not selectable with a button)

and so forth.

If You press a ECAM button the relevant page will be shown for 20 sec and then revert to the proper page for current flightphase.

If A warning or caution is triggered the relevant page(s) will be called up and the CLR button lighst up.

Step through the affected pages with the CLR button until the light goes out.

Pressing and holding the ALL buton will cycle through the pages.

Finn

If You press a ECAM button the relevant page will be shown for 20 sec and then revert to the proper page for current flightphase.

Ah, that explains a lot. That info isn't in the (systems) manual, is it? At least in the pagens concerning the ECAM.