A/T speed problem

Mik75

I understand the simplifed VNAV spiel, so how about you do that just by maintaining maximum recommended thrust and then adjusting the pitch to maintain that speed and then climb at whatever rate that allows for?

I was going to add a few pennies' worth, but Finn mentions that it is being looked into. I find that the thrust available is hardly used fully and that the spool up times between 50% and max N1 to be too slow... perhaps this is a FADEC thing, but I find it picking up speed too slowly.

This was an issue I remember in another Bus I once played with, if I remember correctly...

Great performance in the sim, though, and that is one beautiful VC you have all made there! :)

Andrew

I had not that problems, only on thing, above 20000 it should sustaine it speed while climbing maybe 2000ft/m. With my two flights, i managed reaching Fl320 and fly with 0.78, and At holds rockstable speed most of the time.

Hi,

FSX Acc

first 2 flight A321 Air Berlin, both on FL 320 Speed 0.78M, no issue but a bit underperfomed imho.

today:

Niki A320, FL300 Speed 0.78M , only issue with Speedbrake , it is only 0 or 100%, no controlake slewing with mouse.

CH Yoke ( i know :blush:) and Pedals. I didn´t do any changes to FSUIPC, it did work from scratch.

I´m using Managed VS and Speed all the way up.

• Upvote 1

only issue with Speedbrake , it is only 0 or 100%, no controlake slewing with mouse.

Hm, I have that too. At least sometimes... Next time I am going to fly I'll have a close look at it. Maybe you can drag the brake with the mouse at first but as soon as you have used the / keys, it's all or nothing. But I'll have to check if that is indeed the case. It's not a big problem for me because I always need full speed brakes during any descent.(What I find a bit annoying is that after releasing the ground spoilers with / the speed brake is at full: I often forget to press / once again to set it to idle. That shouldn't be necessary. But afaik they are looking into fixing the speed brake/ground spoiler handle.)

I have an axis on my throttle quad set up to control the spoilers (thru FSUIPC) and it works perfectly as long as the throttles aren't at idle on the ground. In the air it works fine as long as you have flaps equal to or less than 3, which is how it should work.

• Upvote 1