FSAddon Publishing products @ Aerosoft

McGoose

Hi folks,

just seen that FSAddon products are being sold by Aerosoft now.

One question: do they use the usual Aerosoft-installer and registration procedure?

Never bought anything with an "integrated wrapper" thing preferred by other publishers.

Looking forward to the Lysander release ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Frankly, I am not sure what Aerosoft 'uses' :rolleyes:

Most of our products come with their own Installer, where you input the serial key that you received from the distributor upon purchase. That's not the same as the Flight1 'wrapper' system that you may be alluding to (which we use in other places but not here).

Hello Folks,

They use the FSAddon keys so I'm going to say they use there own installers but will be installing the Gladiator soon as I have to check something on it.

I got the Gladiator from the Online shop - just like any normal Aerosoft installation as far as I could see. Installed quickly, lovely aircraft to fly and good documentation with lots of historical information in it. It's one of those packages that the aircraft really seems to have some 'substance'; it looks 'solid' on the screen.

The only little thing I noticed is that when you select it from the free flight menu somewhere along the way the software house name has got lost - it ends up at the end of the list in the 'unknowns'.

Thank you guys!

So you just have to enter your key during install and then you're ready to fly (just like any other AS products)?

I just want to be sure before purchase as you can't get a refund on downloads.

It would be quite annoying if the installer would need online activation or credit card information...

Cheers

Yes, that's how it works indeed. Like most people here we do NOT believe in extensive ways of making life difficult for legit customers any more than you do. So we keep things as simple as possible.

Just got the Gladiator and had no problems at all :)

What a nice biplane: superb sounds and details, fun to fly and even MG sounds.

And those four flaps slow you down quickly if you are too fast on approach :D

Will use this one often for low and slow flights.

Two little things I noticed:

The desktop shortcut to the manual "<FSX dir>\FSAddon\GladiatorX\Gladiator_Manual.pdf" is wrong and can't be found.

Should be "<FSX dir>\FSAddon\Gloster-Gladiator-X-Manual.pdf" instead.

As hartson already said, the Publisher name in aircraft selection menu is "Unknown".

Fixed this by adding ui_createdby = "FSAddon" entries for each livery to the aircraft.cfg.

Anyway, that's just minor issues. Thanks for this brilliant plane.

I hope the Lysander will follow soon ;)

Thanks everybody for the kind comments.

When re-programming the Installer for Aerosoft's shop a few small errors crept in and because of the tight schedule I was under (leaving on holiday), I didn't notice them. Will correct them today and send a new exe to Aerosoft.

Am also working on further FSAddon products to port to Aerosoft's shop.... but the wife keeps dragging me out of the house to go walking these days ! :rolleyes: Who needs vacations, eh!!??

But replying to the OP, it works exactly like the Aerosoft and simMarket 'installers', and NOT like the Flight1 wrapper installers (which we also use, from another page, for people who prefer THOSE).