LFMN landing crash bug

Denthibbe

Hello there,

I am desperately trying to find out what this problem might be :

This movie explains my problem. This happened for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I did no installation of new software before that. When I get at 100ft altitude my FS detects a crash (as if I crashed on the ground, or touched another aircraft or building or whatever...). If on purpose I make my approach too high, which then means I touch the runway too late, there will be no problem (except for the fact that my landing is ruined...).

It happens with different aircrafts I fly with. Again, I never encountered this issue untill about a month ago.

If anyone could think of anything here, that would be so great!

My scenery settings are as follows :

Level of detail radius : small

Mesh complexity : 50

Mesh resolution : 2m

Texture resolution : 5m

water effect : low 2.x

Scenery complexity : normal

Autogen density : none

Special effects detail : high

My system :

FSX SP2 (no acceleration pack)

Windows Vista x64

Intel Core 2 Q9550 2.83Mhz

4Gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT

Thanks in advance

Thibault Dosunmu

FSX + Acceleration - no problems so far.

Try this:

1. Get all scenery updates and install, then adjust scenery setting as described in manual.

If it not helps

2. Reinstall scenery, and be sure the scenery has highest priority in the scenery list.

If it not helps

3. Disable crash collision detection.

Try to buy and install Acceleration addition - every serious FSX addition demands it by default.

Hello and thanks for your suggestions.

I did all the above stated points (except from buying accelerator at this moment) but the most 'funny' one (if I may say so because actually it frustrated me quite a bit) was your third point (disable crash collision detection)

When I do that something even more wierd happens at the moment the crash normally happens : arriving at about 50-100ft the plane just makes a dive downwards and kind of goes from alt 100ft to touching the rwy at once (needless to say it looks completely ridiculous when watching the replay). I can not even bother to make a video out of that...

The thing that amazes me the most is that I can not understand why such thing happens all of a sudden (one day everything goes well and the other day the issue is there and I have no explanation about what could be the cause for that problem to appear...)

I guess I will need a full uninstall/reinstall of the whole thing :/ (and to be honest the idea that the issue could still be there after the whole process makes me quite nervous...)

Hello.

I reinstalling my sim twice a month - my kids love to crash the whole system :)

LFMN was my home airfield and i spent countless hours testing fighters there.

Then Balearic pack was released and i moved there - LEPA-LFMN still my favorite route.

Stay calm - refresh your sim and enjoy Mediterranean flights with these beautiful airports B)

Owkay,

I did a full and clean reinstallation of FSX (following PMDG's recommendations : delete application folder/application data folder/saved files/etc...)

Reinstalled my MD-11 (I just couldn't get one of the default jet aircrafts to make an ILS landing... embarassing yes I know...)

Landing bug seems to have gone. No add-on scenery installed yet.

My question now is : Does anyone recon there is a recommended order in which I should install add-ons, especially sceneries? Like UTX Europe first and then airports? I guess not but asking just in case...

Anyway thanks again to all for the suggestions made!

Have a nice day.

Thibault Dosunmu

Hello Thibault,

Not really but it can matter in the scenery library.

Always try to keep the smaller area sceneries above the larger area sceneries in the scenery library.

This means they will get priority over larger sceneries and get placed on top.

Example, you would put an airport scenery above ultimate Terrain soit sits on top of it and not the other way round.

Hello Thibault,

Not really but it can matter in the scenery library.

Always try to keep the smaller area sceneries above the larger area sceneries in the scenery library.

This means they will get priority over larger sceneries and get placed on top.

Example, you would put an airport scenery above ultimate Terrain soit sits on top of it and not the other way round.

Yes that's what I always do.

Sometimes I even uncheck the default scenery when existing. If I remember correctly there are some default airport sceneries like TCNM, KJFK, ... which you can uncheck whenever you install an add-on scenery for that same airport. Anyway I will verify that as I have quite a lot of add-on airport sceneries.

Thibault Dosunmu