Problems running Jetstream 4100

Docmeister

Hi All

PLEASE HELP!!!! I am running Windows 7 x64 bit system and I have just installed PMDG Jetstream 4100. As soon as I select the aircraft and hit fly now the system locks up, I hear the sound of engines winding down and then I get a "Windows has expeirenced a serious fault please wait" it then restarts FSX. I have uninstalled the sim and re-installed the program but it will lot work. I know it will run on this type of system so what is going on?????

After unistalling the product I clean my registery out and reinstall the program, the funny thing is it doesn't ask me for my product code where as the first time i installed it, it did??

Can anybody point me in the right direction. this looks like an awesome add-on.

Cheers in advance

Chris

Hi am having a similar problem. Am also using Win 7 64 bit. When I installed the Jetstream I also was not asked for the key. When I tried to load the plane a small window appears and says to activate via the internet enter the activation code into the box below. I have then typed in the product key code( as that's the only code that I can find) and hit the activate button. After a little time the box with in which I typed the code becomes blank again and am informed that I have an unlicensed product etc.I have tried several times and I always get the same result. I bought the boxed set from RC sImulations in Bristol UK. Any help or advice would be gratefully recieved. Regards Nick

Hello Folks,

Can you try this Un-install the product then when re-installing, right click on the Installer Icon and select, "Run as Administrator".

Also if possible its best to keep FSX out of the default install location. IE: c:/Program Files.

• 5 months later...

Hi All

PLEASE HELP!!!! I am running Windows 7 x64 bit system and I have just installed PMDG Jetstream 4100. As soon as I select the aircraft and hit fly now the system locks up, I hear the sound of engines winding down and then I get a "Windows has expeirenced a serious fault please wait" it then restarts FSX. I have uninstalled the sim and re-installed the program but it will lot work. I know it will run on this type of system so what is going on?????

After unistalling the product I clean my registery out and reinstall the program, the funny thing is it doesn't ask me for my product code where as the first time i installed it, it did??

Can anybody point me in the right direction. this looks like an awesome add-on.

Cheers in advance

Chris

Sorry but did you ever find a solution? mine was fine for 7 months until i installed REX2 flight environment. All planes work except this one now. Fatal error then restarts FSX. Even with the REX engine off.

Hello Mcgrouch,

Maybe you need to contact the developers of REX as you said it was working before you installed there program, even though you may have turned it off it may have changed a setting which is causing an incompatibility.

Try to lower the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD in the fsx.cfg

try TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048 or 1024

Do not open the "rex center"

This is the only change that rex do in the FSX.cfg

If this dont work try to lower the details in the JS41 config tool.. you can start to lower the refesh rate of the right PFD (i think you dont need the instruments on the right side ;) )

The FSX.cfg is located here: C:\Users\Your Account\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX