No response to Ctrl+Shift+W

Hi. I still have occasional problems (probably in 5% of flights to an AES airport - it seems very rare that it happens when I am starting at an AES airport, though it has occurred once or twice) in that I arrive at the AES airport (seems it can be any) and Ctrl+Shift+W does not bring up the AES menu (this is FS9). If I open the Airports page of the AES utility, the said airports are marked as active.

I tried what Oliver once suggested, slew the a/c up and down again - but that never has any effect. If I save the flight with AES not working (or at least, not accessible), shut down FS and reload the saved flight, I do then get the AES window. (But if I just quit the flight to the FS9 'Choose a Flight' screen and restart it, without shutting down FS9 completely, I do not).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Martin

• Developer

I mean the autogen slider of the display Settings, because when this is on the left (off), it is possible that some code don't be loaded.

• Developer

Ok, you ask for an idea, more I don't have a the moment, as I never see this problem or had it in the last time. But this is only related to AES 2.05, when you use an older version, try 2.05 first.

• Developer

I have no idea, because it seams not to happen on every installation. So it's hard to find it. So maybe some more infos are helpful:

- Are this happens always on the same airports?

- Did AES worked at the departure airport on this flights?

- are the Jetways visible when the window not opens?

- You have the FS 9.1 Patch installed an don't use a wrong FS9.EXE (maybe 9.0 NOCD Crack)

OK, didn't have to wait long this time...

This can seemingly occur at any airport - the places it has happened to me so far have all been different.

Arrived just now at EGAA (which, I checked, shows as active in AESHelp/Airports). I do get the runway centre lights noise after landing, but I then get no response to Ctrl+Shift+W, so I can't get the follow me car and then no services at the gate of course.

As far as I can see, Gate 22 is the only one with a jetway at EGAA. It is visible when the Ctrl+Shift+W fault is there - and it is the AES jetway: if I disable EGAA in AESHelp and restart the flight the jetway at that gate looks very different.

I saved the flight and restarted FS9 - now I get the AES window when I press Ctrl+Shift+W (and the AES jetway works now).

Martin

• Developer

SO,

when you park your aircraft in the case the window don't open, but the jetway is visible, what happens wenn you park the Aircraft there, is the marshaller/Safegate working, are the loaders pop up, did the jetway move?

I only want to know, if only the window is the problem. Because when the jetways is displayed, while the Airport is FS9 in AEShelp and not OFF, the code of AES is running, but maybe the window is not working correct.

Can you also please look in the About page of the Vistamare Menu and give me the Module Version you see there.

I'm afraid I will have to wait for the next time I don't get the AES window to test this: in the past few days things have been OK. I do know that I got the runway centre lights rumble noise when I landed at EGAA, which would indicate that AES is running at the airport, but I'll check the gates etc. when I can.

The Vistamare module (it's under LAGO in my FS9 menu) shows:

FS Core intl: 2.0.26

IntelliScene: 2004.0.20

Sound/Dyn..: 2.0.3.0

ViMaCoreNET: 0.0.3.0

If I locate the file ViMaNet.dll however and look at its Properties, the File Version is given as 0.0.5.0, not 0.0.3.0 ...

Martin

• Developer

Maybe you can reaassign a different key for the Vistamare Keycombi (in that Menu), I use F11 for it. Maybe the Ctrl+Shift+W is blocked sometimes, never heard about that, but you never know.

I think I tried that, but not 100% sure so I'll do it again. Unfortunately for troubleshooting, but fortunately otherwise, it doesn't happen all that often, and once you reload the flight to test, the problem has gone..

Martin

• 4 weeks later...

All has been OK at AES airports since my last post (I haven't flown to many though in the past few weeks) - but I will post back with replies to your questions (22 Feb) Oliver next time I get the problem and I can test it..

Martin

• 1 month later...

Hi Oliver,

Same problem again tonight. I just landed at DTTA - I get the centre lights rumble along the runway but no AES menu on Ctrl+Shift+W (it was working fine earlier this afternoon). Checked in AES Help - DTTA is marked as active. So, I taxi to the stand anyway - the jetways are definitely AES jetways, (if I later go into AES Help, disable DTTA, then reload the same a/c at the same gate, the jetways now look very different), but when the engines are off and parking brakes set they do not move. Mo marshaller appears either.

If I save the flight with the aircraft at the same gate (DTTA) and then restart FS9, FS starts rebuilding the database - I don't recall if this happened before when I have had this problem, but I didn't alter any bgl files in the meantime. When the flight has reloaded at DTTA, the jetways are now work, I can bring up the AES menu and I get the usual AES activity.

Hope you may be able to work out what is happening here!

Thanks,

Martin

• 5 months later...