Eurowings 2004 problem

Steppenwolf

Hello all,

I've got the usual problem with the Eurowings 2004 package running on Windows Vista. First, I had the Runtime 429 message appear which prevented me from using the FMC on all aircraft. Having downloaded and installed the fix for this (i think its name was dx7vb) it started working for some time but then another message "Runtime 53" started to appear, which actually disables the FMC- clickable spot- what I mean by this is that when I click on the FMC in the cockpit, it doesnt load nor appear in front of me.

So I'd like 2 suggestions: 1st- how to fix that or/and if there is a "hotkey" for the FMC (like Shift+ number) so I can try make it appear not throgh clicking on it but by using some key combination (allthough I think this wouldnt work).

Thank you

Greetings

Metodi

Hello Metodi,

If you look at the top menu bar you should see Views under this look at Instrument Panel and see if FMC is listed, if so and theres no more than 9 you should be able to bring it up with Shift + the appropriate number on the keyboard not keypad.

Like the Main panel would be Shift+1 so if the FMC was listed next you could bring it up with Shift+2.

Hello Metodi,

If you look at the top menu bar you should see Views under this look at Instrument Panel and see if FMC is listed, if so and theres no more than 9 you should be able to bring it up with Shift + the appropriate number on the keyboard not keypad.

Like the Main panel would be Shift+1 so if the FMC was listed next you could bring it up with Shift+2.

I can see this (sadly, no FMC):

intrumentpanel.jpg

I had another problem appear today: at 3 consecutive flights (with the BAe 146) the Airspeed Indicator stopped working at 1500 ft. AGL after Take Off. The pointer just returned to 0.

Hi

I've got a problem with the FMC from Eurowing 2004 too. When i want to open the FMC, the window open and tell : "Active X cannot create a file : (name of the file, i believe a .dll).". I've got Windows Vista too.

And i've got the same problem with FDC cockpit X.

Somebody can help me ?

Thank you Fabien

Hello Gex31,

If suddenly you are getting all these issues then somethings either happened on your computer or is happening to it.

Do you have any spyware programs installed and were running at the time you installed these add-ons!

I can see this (sadly, no FMC):

I had another problem appear today: at 3 consecutive flights (with the BAe 146) the Airspeed Indicator stopped working at 1500 ft. AGL after Take Off. The pointer just returned to 0.

There is no entry in the menu for the FMC before the FMC program is running - it is separate to the main fs9.exe program... To launch it you have to be able to click the clickspot but once it is running, it can be opened or closed with the TAB key.

Geoff

Problems stopped all of a sudden. Could it be that the weather updates were messing with the FMC, because my troubles stopped as soon as I changed the weather from updating every 15 minutes to static?!?

Thank you all for the help though!

P.S.: Besides the small compatibility problems, I have to say that this is a great add- on (it sure took me off the pmdg 737) .

Regards

Metodi

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I'm sorry to bother you again but a very peculiar problem accured to me yesterday. Suddenly all LNAV switches on all (A319/320, BAe142/3, ATR42/72) aircraft stopped working- when I click on them in the cockpit after I've programed the FMC, the light switches automatically off and the autopilot doesnt engage the LNAV function. Not only that but the LNAV flightpath doesnt appear on the Navigational Display on any aircraft. Whats most strange about it is that it stopped working on the BAe first, then on the ATR, and after 2 successful attempts to fly LNAV with the Airbus, the problem started to occur there as well.

What I did is delete manually all the files from /Aircraft and reinstall them ( as I didnt find an uninstall- file) but nothing happened (which means that the problem is somewhere in the files controlling the LNAV, right?!). Question is- how can I find/fix them? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Metodi,

Does the switch work if you haven't programmed the FMC, maybe a run through the tutorial flight again may bring results.

Hello,

The switch doesnt work even with the FMC not programmed. Its just that when I click it, it switches on for 0.1 second and automatically disengages immediately. All other switches seem to work.

Here is a screenshot, where allthough I've programmed the FMC and the next waypoint is on bearing 010 degrees and the aircraft facing 007 degrees, you cannot see the LNAV path on the navigational display. I reread my manual but I think I do it all correct.

fmc.png