US cities textures

JaY3Dee

After purchasing US cities sanfransico X, i was pretty disapointed to find a unfinished product and will not be purchasing anymore half hearted sceneries. Apparantly you're doing the rest of US cities with no night textures too. Will there be any patches at a later date? Just seems a waste to push out all these products with no night textures. And before anyone mentions VFR,you can have VFR with night lighting in early dusk.

• Aerosoft

After purchasing US cities sanfransico X, i was pretty disapointed to find a unfinished product and will not be purchasing anymore half hearted sceneries. Apparantly you're doing the rest of US cities with no night textures too. Will there be any patches at a later date? Just seems a waste to push out all these products with no night textures. And before anyone mentions VFR,you can have VFR with night lighting in early dusk.

Well I do not think it was misrepresented on our sales page or do you disagree with that?

There will be no night textures, no seasonal textures because that would increase the size with 300% and would in fact make the product impossible to market, it would costs more then you would be willing to spend on it. We are very clear about the pro's and con's of these scenery packages and intended to keep the price as low as possible. If you stay at a reasonable distance from the objects they will look as I show below. Most customers seem rather happy with that.

sanfrancisco_9.jpg

sanfrancisco_5.jpg

sanfrancisco_18.jpg

sanfrancisco_7.jpg

• Upvote 1

Personally I would much rather pay more for a product that is "complete" and has seasonal and night textures. Though I understand that your market analyst indicates I would be in the minority. But I entirely agree that you have been very vocal and forthright about what the products are and what is exactly included.

I have been wondering about your marketing analysis regarding what cities to produce. I would be surprised if Indianapolis would be high on anyone's list of must-haves, except those that live there.

Well I do not think it was misrepresented on our sales page or do you disagree with that?

No not at all. I've always been happy with aerosoft products,i just assumed the buildings would have night textures. I've just about every big scenery from aerosoft. My favourites been fs2004 versions of London vfr megacity SF and manhattan/new york photoscenery with the FSDT jfk. Newyork is amazing at dusk because you still get the photoscenery with street and buildings lit up. I was pretty much hoping to Build on my FSX sim.. I understand you need a strategy for sales ect. But id have paid extra for night lighting,even if its just on the buildings. If i now want to fly at dusk or night,it looks like i have scenery textures that arnt loading,it looks out of place. manhattanX surley has more buildings than SF and so does LondonX. I know its twice the price,but its twice the fun. its like night and day

Just thought id add that the only reason im unhappy and wont be buying anymore of the same,is strictly because the majority of flying i do is with night lighting just turning on. The scenery is still quality and well worth the dollars. chicago at night wouldve been a wet dream.

Personally I would much rather pay more for a product that is "complete" and has seasonal and night textures. Though I understand that your market analyst indicates I would be in the minority. But I entirely agree that you have been very vocal and forthright about what the products are and what is exactly included.

I have been wondering about your marketing analysis regarding what cities to produce. I would be surprised if Indianapolis would be high on anyone's list of must-haves, except those that live there.

True, as I bought it for that purpose, but the answer I got was that it was to make sure the concept worked.