Last flight before "Aleutian Supply"

Just Fly

I'm really sorry to post so many messages with questions about the BushHawk, but I'd like to be 100% prepared for those "Aleutian Supply" fligths. 12 hours is a very long time, that's why a flight without the final "Success" message would be really annoying.

I flew my last flight before those today, and I have two final questions:

• I quote my first question, because I didn't get any answer on another topic.

I'm experiencing the "same" problem as Bump. I checked the rudder before landing (in "Colimbia Spring" assisted flight - because there is icing - , but also in other assisted flights), and it wasn't iced. But once I landed, the pedals didn't work anymore, and I had to use the automatic rudder function.
    Here's what happens: if I kick the pedals, the rudder moves for less than a half of second, then goes back to its neutral position. Please note that this happens only on ground, after the first landing (during the first take off it works as it should).
    I checked my hardware (Saitek ProPedals) - it runs perfectly.

Saving the flight and then reloading it solves the problem, but it would be nice to not have to do it.

I experienced something different then: I saved an assisted flight ("Along the Cascades", if I remember well) while I was in air (so no landings before saving). A day later, I loaded it and landed to the final airstrip, and there weren't any taxiing issues => Saving flight solves this problem.

• The triggers don't fire on the "Cascades" assisted flight. Normal? Only in this mission?

Thanks a lot.

• Upvote 1

Yes, in the Cascades, the triggers don't fire. I didn't assign a certain order to approach the mountains. You also don't have to fly pass all peaks, it's just an idea how to have a good time. ;)

Whenever you face problems with icing you can't seem to solve, just open the realism gauge and click on "reset failures" or disable icing. Afterwards you can enable it again and it will start again to freeze up.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing preventing you from earning those ultimate rewards - apart from the 12hrs of flying of course. :lol:

Whenever you face problems with icing you can't seem to solve, just open the realism gauge and click on "reset failures" or disable icing. Afterwards you can enable it again and it will start again to freeze up.

Thank you for your answer, but it's not the problem I had. I'll try to explain this in different words.

A couple of seconds before landing, I shaked the pedals to check them, and they weren't iced. I'm also sure that this is not a random failure (I tried everything you suggested already before posting*). It also happened in "Flightseeing Mt Edgecombe". I'm almost sure this is not an icing issue.

Once I landed, it was like my ProPedals were broken (I checked them afterwards - they are not). I moved them and watched what happens from the spot view: they move for less that a half of second, and then go back to neurtal position.

While I was on ground, I saved the flight and then reloaded it. It solved the problem.

During "Along the Cascades" assisted flight I saved the flight while I was in air (so no landings before saving). A day later, I loaded it and landed to the final airstrip, and there weren't any taxiing issues.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing preventing you from earning those ultimate rewards - apart from the 12hrs of flying of course. laugh.gif

... and sleeping biggrin.gif !

*Question about the "Reset Failures" option: is the window supposed to close when I click it?

You might as well wait with this mission until, erm, we release another scenery quite soon. biggrin.gif

Sounds, erm, quite interesting biggrin.gif !

Unfortunatly, part 1 is already flown, part 2 is going to be finished, part 3 is so short that I really want to fly it. Remain the 6 hours' part 4 - already out the coverred area laugh.gif ?

Fortunately there are quite some missions in the area I was talking about (around Dutch Harbour). You'll gonna fly them several times as soon as the addon I mentioned will be released. ;)

Fortunately there are quite some missions in the area I was talking about (around Dutch Harbour). You'll gonna fly them several times as soon as the addon I mentioned will be released. wink.gif

Several times? Something like a career mode rolleyes.gif ?

That is an interesting question. I have REX 2.0 as well and have the REX frosting and icidng effects turned on, and also frosting and icing turned on in my BH. My thought is that the BH effects are what causes the windshield to ice up and the rudder to freeze, but I wonder if the REX environment magnifies these effects, particularly the rudder problems which is why I, too, have to save and restart the flight every time the rudder freezes.

Ideally, one should only have to decend, get out of the clouds, land and kick it off, etc. to return the rudder to normal operation, but this does not work on my installation. I had not considered that the REX may play a part.

• 1 month later...

One hundred.

Fifty,

Forty,

Thirty,

Twenty,

Ten ...

I DID IT! I REACHED THE END OF THE WORLD! And still don't understand how I did laugh.gif !

Those Aleutian flights were:

• About thirteen hours in (virtual) air
  • Loads of virtual fuel
  • Litres of (real this time) coffee
  • Many landings and take-offs
  • About 20 types of REX clouds tested (I'm still looking for the one I prefer)

I never thought the world was so big.

As a conclusion: the Bush Hawk is well worth the money... and even 12 hours of flying over nowhere!

• Upvote 1

groan_s.gif

Just saw the preview topic of Dutch Harbor package. Why didn't I wait until it's released? It's so wonderful! (But believe me, even if I really like the BHXP, I won't fly this last mission twice - it's way too long. However the third part ...)