Paderborn EDLP and Radar Contact

mv737

I've installed EDLP scenery and tried to use it with RC4. Loading any plan into RC4 with EDLP as a departure airport something goes wrong.....the plan is imported by omitting the departure airport EDLP indeed. Checking more in details it looks like makerwys tool used by RC4 to extract airport/runway infos is not able to detect EDLP correctly. As a workaround I had to rename the file AF2_EDLP.bgl (in Flight Simulator 9\Aerosoft\German Airports 3\EDLP-Paderborn\Scenery) to zAF2_EDLP.bgl. This partially solves the problem since it changes the order files are read and analyzed by makerwys tool. Now EDLP is available in RC4 and still working perfectly in FS9 but the Tower frequency in RC4 is the default FS9 EDLP freq (ie. 118.2) instead of the newer correct one (ie. 133.7, which is correctly adopted from inside FS9). Can somebody tell if there's a different way to solve this issue? Just for completeness I've looked into bgl files with AFCAD 2.21 utility and EDLP shows up with 1 stock layer plus 2 instances of the fully qualified new layer. Thanks in advance for any useful feedback. Aerosoft guys, is it something that needs to be addressed with an EDLP service-pack?

I've installed EDLP scenery and tried to use it with RC4. Loading any plan into RC4 with EDLP as a departure airport something goes wrong.....the plan is imported by omitting the departure airport EDLP indeed. Checking more in details it looks like makerwys tool used by RC4 to extract airport/runway infos is not able to detect EDLP correctly. As a workaround I had to rename the file AF2_EDLP.bgl (in Flight Simulator 9\Aerosoft\German Airports 3\EDLP-Paderborn\Scenery) to zAF2_EDLP.bgl. This partially solves the problem since it changes the order files are read and analyzed by makerwys tool.

This problem was fixed in a recent MakeRunways program update. Please get the latest from the www.schiratti.com/dowson page.

Pete

This problem was fixed in a recent MakeRunways program update. Please get the latest from the www.schiratti.com/dowson page.

Pete

Correct, thanks! I downloaded the latest MakeRunways update and reverted the zAF2_EDLP.bgl file in the AS Paderborn scenery back to its original name (ie. AF2_EDLP.bgl), run RC4, re-built the scenery dbase and now EDLP is available and plans correctly imported, though the tower frequency is still the wrong one (default FS freq instead of the new one defined within the wonderful AS EDLP scenery).

Correct, thanks! I downloaded the latest MakeRunways update and reverted the zAF2_EDLP.bgl file in the AS Paderborn scenery back to its original name (ie. AF2_EDLP.bgl), run RC4, re-built the scenery dbase and now EDLP is available and plans correctly imported, though the tower frequency is still the wrong one (default FS freq instead of the new one defined within the wonderful AS EDLP scenery).

RC gets the frequencies from a Frequency file -- F4.CSV in RCV4. Although MakeRunways does extract the frequencies and includes them in a file "F5.CSV", this is for the forthcoming RCV5. Meanwhile, the only way to get RCV4 to use a new frequency is to change it yourself. You can do this when running the program, in "Controller Info", before starting the flight -- that is a temporary change -- or by editing the F4.CSV file. Load it into a text editor, NOT Excel, search for "EDLP". The frequencies are there. Change whichever it is and save the file.

Regards

Pete

RC gets the frequencies from a Frequency file -- F4.CSV in RCV4. Although MakeRunways does extract the frequencies and includes them in a file "F5.CSV", this is for the forthcoming RCV5. Meanwhile, the only way to get RCV4 to use a new frequency is to change it yourself. You can do this when running the program, in "Controller Info", before starting the flight -- that is a temporary change -- or by editing the F4.CSV file. Load it into a text editor, NOT Excel, search for "EDLP". The frequencies are there. Change whichever it is and save the file.

Regards

Pete

Fair enough, thanks a lot for all of your good tools and support!