V2.05 De-icing

WingZ

• Developer

No, based on the situation, that the FSX is unable to handle the transparenz, the simulation of the "glycol" is a littlebit simple at the moment. I hope to find a better solution next time.

• Developer

Sorry I should have said mine was in FS9.

It used to look different I thought?

Yes, but AES must work for both FS, so this is also present in FS9 at the moment, but maybe I find a better solution next time.

Yes, but AES must work for both FS, so this is also present in FS9 at the moment, but maybe I find a better solution next time.

Ha ha so the "New" FS cannot do what the "Old" FS did - and so the "Old" FS must be ruined!

Now that's what I call Real Progress :)

Good luck, I hope you find a good fix.

Maybe just put us FS9ers back on the previous version...worked fine for me, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my, I just found out the non-transparent, narrow graphics for the deicing fluid, when I was deicing at Geneva yesterday for a flight to Stockholm Arlanda (I use FS9). I thought this only was a problem with the FSX version.

Wouldn´t it be possible to make the old texture and bgl-file downloadable (or perhaps it is more complicated than this because more files are involved), so that the limitations in FSX don't have to limit the possibilities of FS9? Or perhaps you could tell us users which files to change (I have another fs9 installation on my second computer, with the an older version of AES) so we could get back the more realistic fluid streams we had before (while waiting for a more permanent solution). It is a pity that this graphic problem has popped up right now, when deicing is normal procedure for most flights in Scandinavia.

Thanks!

Zorropisa