No mission work at all HELP

Thomas23

Hello Everyone,

Since I've installed FSX, I've problems with the missions (default and addon). If I start mission everything loads fine, but there are fhings missing.

For example the default oil rig mission: If the mission has loaded, the Bell206 stands on an invisible pad and the building is also invisible.

There is no compass (and yes I have selected it in the menu), there is also no sound of the guy who suppose to talk to me telling me what to do.

Please could someone help me? I would like to get this fixed.

System: Win7 Pro (Win7 is not the problem cause I had it also in Win Vista)

FSX+ACC

Again please help me out of this!

Greetings!

Thomas

• Upvote 1

Hello Everyone,

Since I've installed FSX, I've problems with the missions (default and addon). If I start mission everything loads fine, but there are fhings missing.

For example the default oil rig mission: If the mission has loaded, the Bell206 stands on an invisible pad and the building is also invisible.

There is no compass (and yes I have selected it in the menu), there is also no sound of the guy who suppose to talk to me telling me what to do.

Please could someone help me? I would like to get this fixed.

System: Win7 Pro (Win7 is not the problem cause I had it also in Win Vista)

FSX+ACC

Again please help me out of this!

Greetings!

Thomas

Advise your CPU type (Intel/AMD?) and speed, graphics adapter, amount of RAM etc.

jrocky

Hi Thomas23,

First, do you have also FS9 (=FS2004) installed on the same disk?

Then, how did you install FSX? Was it a reinstallation or an installation on a clean system? Did you follow the procedure below (Sharrow's post in the topic "FSX Acceleration activation")?

You really should clean out the registry with something like CCleaner and get rid of the masses of FSX related entries which the uninstallers fail to remove. Then, there is a specific way of installing FSX as follows:

1. Install FSX from the DVD, load up the sim and load up the default flight

2. Exit the sim and reboot.

3. Install Acceleration from the DVD, again load up the sim and load up the default flight.

4. Exit the sim and reboot.

Folks often balk at this install procedure but you do not follow it at the very real risk of ending up with a poorly performing FSX install. It has been documented countless times.

• Upvote 1

Advise your CPU type (Intel/AMD?) and speed, graphics adapter, amount of RAM etc.

jrocky

I have a Core2Duo T8300 2.4Ghz, 3GB ram, Nvidia 9500M GT. Its a notebook.

Hi Thomas23,

First, do you have also FS9 (=FS2004) installed on the same disk?

Then, how did you install FSX? Was it a reinstallation or an installation on a clean system? Did you follow the procedure below (Sharrow's post in the topic "FSX Acceleration activation")?

No since the update from vista home premium to Win7 pro, I have a clean instal on my HDD. The flightsim is located at a separated partition.

If I do that CClean thing do I need to reinstall the flightsim again? I hope not because it took a lot of time to get everything ready and installed.

EDIT: A small update:

I have just tried to start the default rome>napels flight and that worked fine. But if I start the slingload tutorial mission then there doesn't happen a thing, there are even no slingload objects.

Have you tried a Game Repair?

If you haven't then here's how you do one: Put FSX Disc 1 in the drive and use auto run .exe... After it's finished it's load (And Dive noise) a Window similar to the one for the FSX install will come up and there's 2 options; Repair and Uninstall, select Repair and half way through the Repair it will prompt you to insert FSX Disc 2. At the end of the Repair it will have a nother window show saying the Repair's finished. Now on to Acceleration: First insert the Acceleration disc in the drive, and with this one there's two ways to do it; the first is with Auto-Run.exe (Again similar prompts and waits) and the second way is through Programs and Features; Scroll down the list and look for the FSX Icon in there select it and click Change then Windows will figure out whit needs to do and then it will start the repair... Then 20 or so minutes later FSX is fully repaired.

If I do that CClean thing do I need to reinstall the flightsim again? I hope not because it took a lot of time to get everything ready and installed.

DON'T DO IT AND DON'T USE CCLEANER (IN YOUR CASE) if it's an installation on a clean system! That kind of tools should only be used if you do a reinstallation and if something doesn't work (depends on what doesn't)!

Have you tried a Game Repair?

If you haven't then here's how you do one: Put FSX Disc 1 in the drive and use auto run .exe... After it's finished it's load (And Dive noise) a Window similar to the one for the FSX install will come up and there's 2 options; Repair and Uninstall, select Repair and half way through the Repair it will prompt you to insert FSX Disc 2. At the end of the Repair it will have a nother window show saying the Repair's finished. Now on to Acceleration: First insert the Acceleration disc in the drive, and with this one there's two ways to do it; the first is with Auto-Run.exe (Again similar prompts and waits) and the second way is through Programs and Features; Scroll down the list and look for the FSX Icon in there select it and click Change then Windows will figure out whit needs to do and then it will start the repair... Then 20 or so minutes later FSX is fully repaired.

The point is, when I've got FS+ACC installed the missions do not work. Its installed on a clean windows install.

DON'T DO IT AND DON'T USE CCLEANER (IN YOUR CASE) if it's an installation on a clean system! That kind of tools should only be used if you do a reinstallation and if something doesn't work (depends of what doesn't)!

Ok, but I hope someone could help me out of this. Also when I start a mission that does not work, mediaplayer paused the music. Mediaplayer keeps playing with missions that does work.

I have just tried to start the default Rome>Naples flight and that worked fine. But if I start the Slingload tutorial mission, then there doesn't happen a thing, there are even no slingload objects.

It seems that only Acceleration missions don't work. Can you check some other ones (FSX default missions and Acceleration ones)?

This is Windows 7 ... right? I seem to recall Acceleration needed some Microsoft update, but this was with XP ... FSX and Acceleration should work out of the box in Win 7 ... very strange?

Try your OS updates, get latest drivers for your hardware (hard to imagine that's the problem, but still) failing all that, back up saved flights, log book ETC, doing a fresh install of FSX and Acceleration might be a good idea if you are still having problems.

I got it fixed now!!!!!biggrin.gif

What I did is copying all the maps and most of the .dll's from a friends his computer(he Had a clean install) And copied that in my sim main dir. And that works!

I also deleted my FSX.cfg so FSX could make a new one.

Somehow MSFS-setup does not copy all files FSX needs on my HDD I think.

But Thanks to you all who replied to my problem, this proves that this is a very good forum.

Thanks again and happy flying to you all!

Greetings,

Thomas