London City X Stand Alone

Mike M

Thought I would give London City a try since I had just purchased it so I load up a flight from KJFK to EGLC (wanted to simulated BA's new service). I use a VOX-ATC because until recently my internet connection was not good enough for VATSIM. So when I go to activate VOX-ATC the system gives me a failed message saying that "there is no active arrival runway at London city." I tried disabling AES at EGLC with the same result. As of yet I have not used the scenery. Anyone have any idea what is going on? I'm running FSX-Acceleration on an HP with 8GB of RAM 750GB hard drive with Phenom X4 9650 Quad-core processor and an ATI Radeon 3200 graphics card. As you are reading this I am sending off an e-mail to Vmax to see if they know what is going on. Please help I really want to try out the new scenery.

Mike

Mike,

I have the same problem.

The cause is that in the scenery files there are two AFCAD files, one exclude file and the actual AFCAD file.

The exclude file is on top, so VoxATC reads this file as the actual AFCAD file. The exclude file ofcourse has no runways and therefore this error message.

I have reported the problem to VoxATC and they have acknowledged it. I hope a hotfix for the VoxATC indexer will fix this, because I have seen other sceneries with this file structure.

Michael

Guest Hodge001

Hi Mike & Michael

I’m not sure if this will work for Aerosoft's EGLC, but a I had a similar problem with a third party freeware scenery package and ProFlight Emulator’s ATC, the way around that I used was to copy the airport .BGL file and create a new folder, in your case called say EGLC with a subfolder named scenery, and the paste into that folder the .BGL file from the original EGLC package, once activated in FSX you should have ATC recognising the airport, at least PFE did, and as the new file is a direct copy of the original and has a higher priority in the scenery it should’nt prensent any problems.

I hope it’s of some help.

Jim Hodkinson

Hello

just move the file EGLC_ADE_BR.BGL to the directory ..\Aerosoft\AFD\Scenery which is supposed to be of higher priority

I had the same problem with radar contact and this solves it

Regards

Dirk

Hello

just move the file EGLC_ADE_BR.BGL to the directory ..\Aerosoft\AFD\Scenery which is supposed to be of higher priority

I had the same problem with radar contact and this solves it

Regards

Dirk

Dirk,

I do not have the file EGLC_ADE_BR.BGL.

Where is this file located?

Michael

OK Michael that's good to know I sent off an e-mail to the guys at Vmax hopefully with several people bugging them it will get fixed sooner rather than later. As for the excluded AFCAD file what does it do and is it possible that we make it less of a priority than the actuall AFCAD file?

As for the other work arounds posted.

Dirk: I don't have an Aersoft/AFD/Scenery directory. Do I have to make it?

Jim: can you be a little more specific? Where do I put the newly created folder and do you mean the original .bgl for EGLC that came with FS or the .bgl that came with the scenery?

Mike

Hello

the file EGLC_ADE_BR.BGL is supposed to be installed in the directory:

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\EGLC Airport\scenery

the ..\Aerosoft\AFD\Scenery path is created, when you install one of the big German airports by Aerosoft.

You do not have to create ..\Aerosoft\AFD\Scenery , just put the file EGLC_ADE_BR.BGL into a directory with higher priority (i.e. ..\fsx\addon scenery\scenery)

Regards

Dirk

Hello

the file EGLC_ADE_BR.BGL is supposed to be installed in the directory:

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\EGLC Airport\scenery

the ..\Aerosoft\AFD\Scenery path is created, when you install one of the big German airports by Aerosoft.

You do not have to create ..\Aerosoft\AFD\Scenery , just put the file EGLC_ADE_BR.BGL into a directory with higher priority (i.e. ..\fsx\addon scenery\scenery)

Regards

Dirk

Ok, this method described by Dirk has now been tested with VoxATC and it works :D

Thanks a lot.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

So I was just about to try the fix you guys suggested when I checked my e-mail and there was a response from Vmax tech support. They sent me a new BGL file that fixes the problem. Happy flying.

Michael