BAE-146 EFIS Version Guages Not Dispalying

canadagoose

Hi, I just bought the Eurowings BAE-146 through Aerosoft. When I load the aircraft, either the 200 or the 300 version in the "EFIS" panel setup I notice the middle rows of Engine guages are blank. As well, on the glareshield the NAV1 & NAV2 radios, course selectors, altitude selector are all blank (no digits). I have switched the Avionics Power Master A & B switches ON as well. I have also reinstalled the aircraft twice. The other panel version works OK. So, I'm not sure if this is normal for the EFIS panel to display this way or is there a step or "button" I am missing to bring the guages on the glareshield and COMs on the pedistal ALIVE? Any help with this would be greatly apperciated.

Best Regards,

Tom

Guest Hodge001

Hi Tom

It sounds like you possibly have a fonts problem, this has come up before and I don’t know if the solution will work in this instance, but you could try following the advice on the following post..

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=12633&st=0&p=70661&hl=quartz&fromsearch=1&#entry70661

I really hope that it does the trick.

Jim Hodkinson

• Aerosoft

Hi Tom

It sounds like you possibly have a fonts problem, this has come up before and I don't know if the solution will work in this instance, but you could try following the advice on the following post..

http://www.forum.aer...h=1&#entry70661

I really hope that it does the trick.

Jim Hodkinson

Would be my guess as well.

Would be my guess as well.

Jim and Mathijs, problem solved! That was it. I followed Shaun's instructions regarding the "Quartz" font and the guages now are normal. Thanks very much for your very quick responses. Just another quick Q? though, between the "Altimiter" and "Vertical Speed indicator" there is a guage depicting 4 numbers with a magenta button on the right hand side. I do not see it mentioned in the manual. Would you be able to tell what this is and what it is used for? There do not appear to be any click spots on the guage.

Best Regards,

Tom

Guest Hodge001

Hi Tom

I think that the instrument you are referring to is the Radar Altimeter, which is coupled to the Decision Height that you set via the Display Control Panel.

The Decision Height (1 in the pic below) is set by left or right clicking the control button on the Display Control Panel (2 in the pic below), it does get a little confusing as the actual button that you use to set the Decision Height is actually labelled DH Test, but right clicking increases the DH and left clicking would you believe decreases the DH.

I must admit to having a soft spot for the Bae 146, but it does have it shall we say quirks, but it’s worth getting to know her.

I hope it helps, and I’m glad that after fixing the font issue that you have got your instrument panel up and running, you’ve just got to love computers.

Jim Hodkinson

post-9108-125845137234_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all for the help! I should have known that. I simply thought I could adjust the gauge by clicking on it. I was just trying to get acquainted with the panel and had not done a flight yet. Had I been on approach somewhere I probably would have set the DH on the sub-panel and noticed the "200" on the gauge....and said "Oh ya, it's the DH gauge", or something like that. Anyway it works and thanks for the heads up so I didn't have to stumble across it on my own.

Regards,

Tom