Madeira

jonty42

Hi, I have recently been having problems with my Madeira scenery which I bought some months ago. It has worked OK till recently but now does not appear properly - see attachments. I have tried 'repair' with the original disc and 're-installed' without any success. I have followed the recommended settings as in the handbook but this has not solved the problem. I am running Vista with FSX.Has anyone any suggestions ?

Regards

John A Turner

post-28086-125668184386_thumb.jpg

post-28086-125668185792_thumb.jpg

post-28086-125668187359_thumb.jpg

Hello John,

If it worked and now doesn't then something happened in the interim.

Did you install anything new into FSX possibly an AI Traffic program!

Your going to need to retrace your steps and find out what you did just before you found this.

Hello John,

If it worked and now doesn't then something happened in the interim.

Did you install anything new into FSX possibly an AI Traffic pror replygram!

Your going to need to retrace your steps and find out what you did just before you found this.

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for your reply, the only thing I have added recently is the Messerschmitt BF109 from Flight 1 Software. I do not have any 'Traffic' add ons.

John

Hello John,

What happens if you go to the airport and select one of the parking spots.

Hi Shaun,

I can get onto one of the parking spots but everything is still corrupt, even the aircraft, see my screenshots. I have included Gatwick scenery

which I also have and this works perfectly. Madeira seems to 'corrupting everything' !

post-28086-125690225435_thumb.jpg

post-28086-125690226431_thumb.jpg

post-28086-125690227756_thumb.jpg

post-28086-125690231427_thumb.jpg

post-28086-125690232272_thumb.jpg

post-28086-125690233251_thumb.jpg

Hello John,

If you have tried the suggestions in the manual regarding the files then there is a corruption in your FSX somewhere.

The only way people could fix it after that was a re-install of FSX.

Hi Shaun,

There is a comment in the Madeira handbook on p32 'The Airports LPMA and LPPS are at 180m = 590ft elevation which looks weird!' Solution - Close the simulator and open the FSX folder and rename various files. I don't feel confident in altering files in the software, but do you think this is the answer to my problem?

John

Hello John,

Yes, I thought you may have already seen this in the FAQs Section of the manual previously.

Its only renaming the file so you cant break it.

Hello Shaun,

I have tried renaming the two files, when you do this it tells you that there is a file with this name already ? so you carry on but when you reload Madeira again nothing has changed and the software takes an 'age' to load up.

Not very happy with this at the moment !

Regards

John

Hello John,

If you have followed all this then its highlighted that you have an issue within FSX.

Hi Shaun,

I have followed your suggestion and re-installed FSX, SP1, SP2 and Madeira, but the problem is still the same. The airport runway is 'floating' above the other scenery. The scenery around the rest of the island is OK. I really have gone as far as I am prepared to go 'adjusting' this software and would ask that you consider a complete replacement of the original software.

I look forward to your response.

Regards

John T

Hello John,

Did you also try renaming the file as per the manual again.

The scenery works as advertised so something is amiss, when you un-installed did you remove all traces of FSX from your computer

as sometimes files can get left behind if they have been altered or changed.

Hello John,

Did you also try renaming the file as per the manual again.

The scenery works as advertised so something is amiss, when you un-installed did you remove all traces of FSX from your computer

as sometimes files can get left behind if they have been altered or changed.

Hi Shaun,

I have renamed the files as suggested, but have I read the instructions in the manual properly? (it says 'rename the following files: APX43200.blg in APX43200.madeira. I would assume that it really means 'change the existing file APX43200.madeira to read APX43200.bgl I have done this on the two files as quoted in the manual and the scenery is still corrupted. Your comment re: remove all traces of FSX is something I cannot confirm as the only way I know to remove FSX is to use the original disc and delete as the window says. How can I check that it has removed all the altered or changed files ?

We must really come to a satisfactory solution to this problem now. I am not a programming wizard so there is only so much I can do. Is a replacement disc such a problem?

Regards

John T

You are wrong John, I am a developer, and that doesn't change the fact that my Madeira X still corrupted as yours :lol:.

I can't wait to fly there again... :(

Laurent.

Hello John,

These are the folders that you need to check so that they are completely emptied or removed from your System.

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Hello John,

These are the folders that you need to check so that they are completely emptied or removed from your System.

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Hi Shaun,

Thanks once again for your help. I have checked those folders you have suggested but they are not there. I have just downloaded some demo software - Heathrow and Gatwick and they both work perfectly and I passed my Madeira disc to a friend to download and check, and to be fair to Aerosoft, it works perfectly on his computer. I think we have gone as far as we can with my system so I will just have to do without Madeira which is a pity as I really enjoyed flying there.

Thanks for all your help so far (unless there is anything else I can still do !)

Regards

John T

Hello John,

Unfortunately thats the mad part about computers.

Why your friends and not mine. So many variations etc it could be something so simple and

without knowing what each individual has on there computer its sometimes impossible to find the culprit.

• 7 months later...

Hello John,

Unfortunately thats the mad part about computers.

Why your friends and not mine. So many variations etc it could be something so simple and

without knowing what each individual has on there computer its sometimes impossible to find the culprit.

Hi Shaun,

We last had contact back in Nov re the problems I was having with the Madeira scenery, in the end I gave up !

However in the Daily Telegraph today Sunday there is an article about uninstalling applications - They recommend a freeware program called Revo Uninstaller (http://tinyurl.com/56uydj) which digs deep and weeds out all of the detrius so you can start again with a clean install. I tried this amd Madeira now works perfectly ! !

Perhaps this info will help others with a similar problem.

Best regards

John