Nhancer 2.5.5 Released

Hiflyer

Is there ANY driver above 182.50 that works well with Vista 64 and a GTX 285? The drivers above that version gave me horrible sound crackling and stuttering, even with bufferpools set to 490MB.

Thanks for the head's up Hiflyer.

Darem have you tried the new ones? Otherwise check out Nick's guide which has a section about using the bufferpools entry. Other than that what sound card are you using? If you are have you disabled onboard sound in the BIOS etc?

Thanks for the head's up Hiflyer.

Darem have you tried the new ones? Otherwise check out Nick's guide which has a section about using the bufferpools entry. Other than that what sound card are you using? If you are have you disabled onboard sound in the BIOS etc?

I have tried some above 182.50, but with inferior results. If a newer driver helps my framerates in FSX, I will be happy, but I am very cautious.

Regarding Nick's guide: I know it by heart :-). My problem is that I have a rather unusual 285 card, one with 2GB memory. And I have an onboard sound card, yes - I tried a Soundblaster and even a high end external sound solution I use in my studio - none worked better than the onboard solution.

The real funny thing is: in 80% of all situations I can run FSX with all sliders (except water and road traffic) maxed with steady 25fps on 3380x1650 and 8xAA. There are a few special regions where my computer behaves like a 386PC :-). Just to name one: EDDH with VFR Germany, 25% traffic, autogen to dense (the setting above normal) and reduced scenery complexity gives me a whopping 7.7fps in the standard Cessna. When I turn off VFR Germany, I am back to 14 fps.

Then I fly in Switzerland with Switzerland Professional X in Zurich by FS Dreamteam, a much larger airport, and everything is smooth like butter.

Next stop: Zell am See (LOWZ), a rather rural place: 14fps.

Flying over Vienna with autogen maxed: 25fps steady.

I just don't manage to understand :-)