Wilco 737 PIC (Boeing 737-300/400/500)

camaflight

Hi,

I'm considedring buying the Wilco 737 PIC (Boeing 737-300/400/500 for FS9.

I have searced different fora and for reviews but can't find any comments.

Is it a good product ? - at same level as f-ex PMDG ?

Apreciate comments by those of you that have experience with this product.

Carl

Well i have the wilco B737 and I hope you don`t expect to much from the VC (It is not the best!)

OK thanks, I seldom use the VC in any AC, so that isn't so important for me. However, what about 2D panel and the model and dynamics ?

Also I think it is important how the "popup-system" for the other panels are like and if those panels are realistic and functional in respect of how the different knobs are coded to work.

Carl

Hi, Carl!

Is it a good product ?

Yes, it is. Initially it had quite a lot of bugs (a typical Wilco-like haste with release). But it was patched countless times.

At the moment it is a good product. Definitely the best (the only one) representation of a complete classic 737 for MFS.

It has most systems simulated, fully working FMC, updatable AIRAC and fine FDE.

It also has a choice of VC and no-VC models (with wing views).

how the "popup-system" for the other panels are like

They're fine, easily accessible.

at same level as f-ex PMDG ?

No, not really. Say it's the second league simulation (unlike PMDG, Level-D, Digital Aviation, Leonardo Software or Majestic Software).

Plus the support is almost non-existent, so you'll be on your own. There are good manuals around and many people to help though.

Hope that helps.

If you have any particular questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Rafal

Hi, Carl!

Yes, it is. Initially it had quite a lot of bugs (a typical Wilco-like haste with release). But it was patched countless times.

At the moment it is a good product. Definitely the best (the only one) representation of a complete classic 737 for MFS.

It has most systems simulated, fully working FMC, updateble AIRAC and fine FDE.

It also has a choice of VC and no-VC models (with wing views).

They're fine, easily accessible.

No, not really. Say it's the second league simulation (unlike PMDG, Level-D, Digital Aviation, Leonardo Software or Majestic Software).

Plus the support is almost non-existent, so you'll be on your own. There are good manuals around and many people to help though.

Hope that helps.

If you have any particular questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Rafal

Hi Rafal,

this was good and helpfull information!

I like the babies of Boeing, they're perfect for those short (and maybe a little longer) hauls and as I only make well prepared and as realistic as it gets flights I need good AC's.

It's sad that Wilco doesn't care more about their customers, but I will trust my own skills and experience and of course good fellow simmers knowledge and help to deal with problems if any should occur. So I'll go and buy the package.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Carl

Nah, I never liked PMDG's 737 series, and I'm not too sure why people laude it with such praize. At the time it might have been good, and maybe it's good quality for the money, but I think, if you really a good 737NG, you should go with Ariane.

As for the Wilco 737 PIC: Get it. It's great.

Nah, I never liked PMDG's 737 series, and I'm not too sure why people laude it with such praize. At the time it might have been good, and maybe it's good quality for the money, but I think, if you really a good 737NG, you should go with Ariane.

As for the Wilco 737 PIC: Get it. It's great.

Well, the Ariane 737 NG series is certainly pretty good, but i would, however wait until navigraph starts to release navdata (AIRAC) cycles for Ariane, but no one knows how long that will take.

I really do like the Ariane 737 NG series, but without proper navdata, you can't really take full advantage of it's FMC. However, when that's fixed it will be a great plane to fly

Yes, yes, that's indeed a very good point. I hear that at the next release (X3) they will inclkude possibilities to manually alter NAV DATA, and a service via navigraph will indeed be possible, so here's hopinh they release it soon. Although the X3 version is FSX only, the NAV DATA stuff will be also for FS2004. I think I'll eventually end up buying one of their FSX 737s, especially because I hear the FPS hit is very low to non-existant, while still getting a good visual experience and intricate system simulation.