PMDG does not find airport in database, Leveld 767 does

Bombayduck

Hello Guys,

Just wondered if anyone would know how to bring up an airport into the FMC of the PMDG 747-400. I just downloaded 9dragons kaitak scenery what is completely auto-installation, but apparently I don't have any FMC information about this airport. It is not found in the database. I guess I am just missing a file. SID/STAR file of Kai Tak has already been put in the folder of SID/STAR in the PMDG directory.

Hope someone has an answer for this one.

Kind Regards

Swayze

Hello Swayze,

The reason is because Kai Tak is now a defunct Airport it is no longer included in the Airacs from which the Navdata is made form.

If you do a search in Google for Kai Tak PMDG you'll get some hits with suggestions.

Hello Swayze,

The reason is because Kai Tak is now a defunct Airport it is no longer included in the Airacs from which the Navdata is made form.

If you do a search in Google for Kai Tak PMDG you'll get some hits with suggestions.

Thanks Shaun!

I haven't had the time to check it up today, but will let you know more tomorrow. I must say, that when landing at Kai Tak there is NO place for parking :P It is so busy there! But I guess I just have to turn down the AI density ;)

Kind Regards

Swayze

Busy? By default? What scenery package are you using then?

I'm using 9dragons Kai Tak. Check it out on avsim.com. I guess you could call it a serious competitor, because I really is High-Def work and is AES compatible for 0 points ... :D

I am not trying to promote this free scenery-package, but I must say it beats buying the aersoft one :P , while still having things like firework over the city, detailed Kow-Loon, checkerboard, hanger-doors that can open etc... ;)

But without doubt, aerosoft still has the best add-on, if you want everything detailed exact and perfectly realistic till the last millimeter.