Venice X out of virtual memory and CTD

jlmauriz

Hello,

I recently purchased the boxed edition of Venice X. I am running FSX acceleration with a configuration which handles well Mallorca X and Paris CDG X, europe UT and ultimate traffic 2 (intel core2 2.4 GH with 4 Meg RAM and GT 8800 GT 1 Meg RAM, Windows XP).

If I fly an "heavy in ressources" aircraft such as the Wilco B737 or the excellent Level D 767, When landing on the airport I will end up having a CTD, or a message: "not enough virtual memory, reduce level of details and restart" with the corresponding CTD. A bit frustrating, as it is very nice to land on runway 04R with the view on Venice X on the right hand side. The same aircraft can be operated in other demanding scenaries such as Paris CDG X, Madeira X, Tahiti X or Mallorca X with no problems.

If I fly a microsoft basic aircraft or helicopter on Venice X, everything is fine.

Has somebody experienced similar findings? Is Venice X compatible with FSX acceleration pack?

Hello jlmauriz,

You may want to apply the Virtual Memory fix on this page here.

Hello Shaun,

I added the line "/3GB/Userva=2560" to my boot.ini file, and I went down to "/3GB/Userva=2304" as suggested, but I got still the out of memory message. If I refer to the recommendations, they state:

If OOM still appears, one of 2 problems are possible

1. There is a addon in FSX which is not made correctly or has an error in it forcing the OOM.

2. Your system (motherboard) simply does not play well with this edit and possibly more than 2GB in the system.

The other addons I use in the area are UTX Europe. Should I try with it desactivated to see if I get the OOM message?

Hello,

I recently purchased the boxed edition of Venice X. I am running FSX acceleration with a configuration which handles well Mallorca X and Paris CDG X, europe UT and ultimate traffic 2 (intel core2 2.4 GH with 4 Meg RAM and GT 8800 GT 1 Meg RAM, Windows XP).

If I fly an "heavy in ressources" aircraft such as the Wilco B737 or the excellent Level D 767, When landing on the airport I will end up having a CTD, or a message: "not enough virtual memory, reduce level of details and restart" with the corresponding CTD. A bit frustrating, as it is very nice to land on runway 04R with the view on Venice X on the right hand side. The same aircraft can be operated in other demanding scenaries such as Paris CDG X, Madeira X, Tahiti X or Mallorca X with no problems.

If I fly a microsoft basic aircraft or helicopter on Venice X, everything is fine.

Has somebody experienced similar findings? Is Venice X compatible with FSX acceleration pack?

Exactly for me the same problem with the wilco737 and VENICE X.

Hello jlmauriz,

You could try disabling various ones like UTX to see if the problem goes.

I did 3 things at a time: reducing UT2 traffic to 20% (commercial and general aviation), reduce level of detail to medium and increase the virtual memory exchange file to the max windows xp was recommending. I was able to take off and land with the 767 levelD without OOM error message. This is a good start. I will try if this is OK with the B737 Wilco too and let you know.

Exactly for me the same problem with the wilco737 and VENICE X.

Hello Yannis737, what is your Pc like (windows, memory, video card?). Does this happen with another aircraft?

Hello Yannis737, what is your Pc like (windows, memory, video card?). Does this happen with another aircraft?

Windows vista Home Premium, 2 GB RAM DUAL CHANNEL, 2 cards NVIDIA 8800GTX in SLI mode ,1000w Power, a perfect system .I have autogen in zero, but the others sliders at maximum. The perfect aircraft is PIC737 so i use only this, and i want only this. All the flights in FSX are perfects with the aerosoft sceneries , mytraffic x , and ultimate terrain europe. But the only problem is at venice.

Hello Yannis,

Does it happen with a default aircraft though, please try this as it will help find out where the incompatibility lies.

Hello Shaun. I tried again the Wilco 737 in Venice X with the changes described in my previous comment, and so far so good, I was able to take off from RWY 22L and do a circling approach to the same runway flying over Venice, and no out of memory message.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Shaun. I tried again the Wilco 737 in Venice X with the changes described in my previous comment, and so far so good, I was able to take off from RWY 22L and do a circling approach to the same runway flying over Venice, and no out of memory message.

I flew again with the MD80 professional from coolsky, and it gave another OOM error. It is the only place I got those errors with the MD80, it flies nicely in Mallorca X (very nice scenery too, by the way). Venice X is cannot cope with heavies in my configuration definitively, so I will use it for visiting the city with a Robinson 22.