Can't start career in AAA

bsve1

What happens if you press ESC? Do you get the missions window with potential goals and rewards or the small "end flight" screen? If the latter, something went wrong on install, most probably a missing aircraft. But incompatibility with FSPassenger might also be the case, not sure on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem, that I can´ t start the career, but I don´t have FSpassenger installed.

I am using Windos Vista 64 PC, FSX + Acceleration Pack.

Regarding the former question what´s happening when pressing ESC, the small "End flight" dialogue is coming up.

Beside that I have the same problem with a mission of "Twin Otter missions". The Northwest Cargo shows the same behaviour.

Can't help on the Twotter mission thing, but I think we had some bug reports on them.

If you get the End Flight screen there was most probably an error with installing the aircraft. Which addon aircraft do you use?

Take a look at your aircraft menu and find out which ASC aircraft are there and which ones are missing (compare to list in manual).

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed the Bush Hawk and the Twin Otter addon.

And I have the ACCEL aircrafts too, as required in the manual.

I Think the Maule M7 and the Maule Orion are the same, aren´t they ?

The Dash 8 folder is also located under simobjects/aircraft.

I cannot find it in the aircraft selection screen, but I think this is o.k. because ist only use as AI traffic object.

So the missing aircraft couldn not be ther problem.

Ok, we need to digg deeper to find the error.

Open the aircraft.cfg files of the following aircraft and see if there are flightsim.x entries that name the bold names:

- Bush Hawk Taildragger - ...5Y-ASB

- Dash 8 - ...5Y-ASD

- Robinson R22 - ...5Y-ASR

- C206 - ...5Y-ASC and another one ...5Y-ASA

- Twin Otter ...5Y-AST

Now also open the following:

- King Air

- Maule M7 Orion

If you should find an 5Y-AS* entry there you need to delete it (the whole section)!

So make sure you only have 1 unique 5Y-AS* aircraft.

Does that help?

I have checked the things.

I had the entries for Bush Hawk, Dash 8, Robinson and Twin Otter.

There were no entries for King Air and Maule.

But there was also no entry for the Caravan C208B ?!

I have added the lines below (tried to do it similar to the entries in Bush Hwak an so on) , but it still does not work.

Maybe my inserted lines are not correct. Last entry is fltsim.4

[fltsim.5]

title=African Safari Charter - 5Y-ASC

sim=Cessna208B

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=ASC

kb_checklists=Cessna208B_Check

kb_reference=Cessna208B_ref

atc_id_color=0xff000000

atc_id=5Y-ASC

atc_airline=Landmark

atc_flight_number=1071

atc_parking_types=RAMP

ui_manufacturer="Cessna"

ui_type="C208B Grand Caravan"

ui_variation="African Safari Charter"

ui_typerole="Single Engine TurboProp"

ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"

[fltsim.6]

title=African Safari Charter - 5Y-ASA

sim=Cessna208B

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=ASC

kb_checklists=Cessna208B_Check

kb_reference=Cessna208B_ref

atc_id_color=0xff000000

atc_id=5Y-ASA

atc_airline=Landmark

atc_flight_number=1071

atc_parking_types=RAMP

ui_manufacturer="Cessna"

ui_type="C208B Grand Caravan"

ui_variation="African Safari Charter"

ui_typerole="Single Engine TurboProp"

ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"

Ok, looks like I need to take a closer look at your files. Could you please zip all aircraft.cfg files of the aircraft involved (also Maule, KingAir and C206) for me?

EDIT: Did you try to uninstall and reinstall everything? (AAA)

I did a reinstall already in the past.

But regarding your reply I tried it once again.

After the reinstallation the entries in the aircarft.cfg of C208B showed up.

But the mission still does not work.

I have attached the .cfg files as requested.

Maybe that helps

CFG Files.zip

Ok, I think we got the issue: The Dash 8. The aircraft.cfg only contains the ASD entries (and those twice!), what happened to the Dash, is it not installed on your fsx?

I will upload the complete Dash 8 folder (extract to simobjects/airplanes), hope this will fix it.

• 3 months later...

Ok, I think we got the issue: The Dash 8. The aircraft.cfg only contains the ASD entries (and those twice!), what happened to the Dash, is it not installed on your fsx?

I will upload the complete Dash 8 folder (extract to simobjects/airplanes), hope this will fix it.

I'm having similar problems to the above. Tried to download Dash 8. It's not appearing in the Aircraft Choices box. it is in the FSX files though. In another response i mentioned i had two Cessna G. Caravans 208B. And I can't start my career...dry.gif

I'm having similar problems to the above. Tried to download Dash 8. It's not appearing in the Aircraft Choices box. it is in the FSX files though. In another response i mentioned i had two Cessna G. Caravans 208B. And I can't start my career...dry.gif

• 5 months later...

Thorsten,

I had the same issue. Upon examination, it seems the new V1.20 patch for the BushHawk X has cleared the ASB entry in the BushHawk taildragger cfg.

Fortunately, I have a backup for it on my old HDD, so placing it back was easy. Now, everything is fine again.

Might want to check the Bushhawk X v1.20 patch in conclave with AAS though..

Tobus

Thanks for the feedback, this is indeed a problem we didn't think of.

Unfortunately we had to chance the aircraft.cfg because we added the autopilot. So all AAA users have to add the following line at the end of their Bush Hawk Taildragger aircraft.cfg:

[fltsim.15]

title= African Safari Charter - 5Y-ASB

sim= Bushhawk_Taildragger

model=VFR

panel=VFR

sound=

texture=ASB

kb_checklists=Bushhawk_Taildragger_Checklists

kb_reference=Bushhawk_Taildragger_Reference

atc_id=5Y-ASB

ui_manufacturer="Foundair"

ui_type="Bushhawk - Taildragger"

ui_variation="5Y-ASB"

ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"

ui_createdby="Flyways"

description="The Foundair Bush Hawk in Taildragger version. One of the most famous bushplanes!"

Thanks for the feedback, this is indeed a problem we didn't think of.

Unfortunately we had to chance the aircraft.cfg because we added the autopilot. So all AAA users have to add the following line at the end of their Bush Hawk Taildragger aircraft.cfg:

[fltsim.15]

title= African Safari Charter - 5Y-ASB

sim= Bushhawk_Taildragger

model=VFR

panel=VFR

sound=

texture=ASB

kb_checklists=Bushhawk_Taildragger_Checklists

kb_reference=Bushhawk_Taildragger_Reference

atc_id=5Y-ASB

ui_manufacturer="Foundair"

ui_type="Bushhawk - Taildragger"

ui_variation="5Y-ASB"

ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"

ui_createdby="Flyways"

description="The Foundair Bush Hawk in Taildragger version. One of the most famous bushplanes!"

Great, glad I could help, even if unintended :).

Better make this a sticky I think?

Tobus

With that amount of traffic in the AAA forum every thread is like a sticky. :D

:D

Agreed, which in itself is a big compliment to the quality of this addon, regarding this is a SUPPORT forum.

Tobus

• 1 year later...

I cant start the Career too and I tried everything written in all the other post. What could it be now?

Can you please tell us what OS you are using if you are using Windows Vista/7 did you run the installer as Administrator by right clicking on the installer Icon and selecting, "Run as Administrator".