AAA career contest!

horst18519

It's quiet in the African Safari Charter office (=forum) these days, so I guess all "Charlies" are out there on their jobs.

Now, after some weeks of African Airstrip Adventures we'd like to see who's the best ASC pilot out there. With the new career mode there's an easy way to find out: Simply attach a screenshot of your latest mission progress with money count clearly visible (see my screenshot as example) to this topic.

Are you the one with the highest money amount? If so, you'll get 1 free download out of the Aerosoft download shop!

If you like you can also attach your mission file ("AAA Career.spb") to share your standings with other users (better do it after the contest is finished though :D ).

AAA savegames can be shared with other users even if they have completely different fsx settings and (addon) aircraft.

The final, ultimate deadline will be Wednesday 29th of July, 12:00 MEST.

The 2 highscore holders are rewarded with 1 free download each, the Aerosoft staff will have to check your SPB file (winners only) to see if any cheating was involved (yes, we can tell B) ) and announce the winners.

Good luck all!

• Upvote 1

It's quiet in the African Safari Charter office (=forum) these days, so I guess all "Charlies" are out there on their jobs.

Now, after some weeks of African Airstrip Adventures we'd like to see who's the best ASC pilot out there. With the new career mode there's an easy way to find out: Simply attach a screenshot of your latest mission progress with money count clearly visible (see my screenshot as example) to this topic.

Are you the one with the highest money amount? If so, you'll get 1 free download out of the Aerosoft download shop!

If you like you can also attach your mission file ("AAA Career.spb") to share your standings with other users (better do it after the contest is finished though :D ).

AAA savegames can be shared with other users even if they have completely different fsx settings and (addon) aircraft.

The contest starts today at 12:00 MEST and ends in exactly 1 week, 24th of March, 12:00 MEST.

The 2 highscore holders are rewarded with 1 free download each, the Aerosoft staff will have to check your SPB file (winners only) to see if any cheating was involved (yes, we can tell B) ) and announce the winners.

Good luck all!

Do I get a prize for spotting the longest calendar week on record? Or the shortest (reversed)?

• Upvote 1

I'm uploading now... Great product and can't wait for Alaska Bush Pilot Adventures (maybe? please?)!

You'll notice that I replaced the default Caravan with Lionheart's Quest Kodiak, a great STOL aircraft in case you haven't flown it. (Now it just needs to be painted in an ASC theme...)

2009-7-23_5-25-27-10.BMP

AAA_HiScore.BMP

I guess most of our ASC pilots were so eager to earn money that they forgot to send us their screenshots in time. So let's expand the contest for another 5 days.

I guess most of our ASC pilots were so eager to earn money that they forgot to send us their screenshots in time. So let's expand the contest for another 5 days.

Does this mean I get to send an updated money count? I'll probably be done with Day 2 by then!

I hope you guys at Aerosoft don't take a supposed low level of interest in this as a sign of disinterest in the product. I know a bunch of people who have already bought it and people who plan to buy it. It's a great product and coupled with your great customer support makes a winning combination that will bring me back to your products from here on out, thanks guys.

Thanks for your feedback. We are a bit concerned if we have to send out SAR teams to find our ASC pilots :D but otherwise you're right. Sale numbers and customer feedback shows us that the addon is well appreciated. Maybe even so much that no AAA user wants another free addon. B)

Of course you're free to send in another highscore.

Hallo Thorsten,

sorry that I couldn't enter to this contest.

I'm still busy with my crahtests at Nkuru with the default C208 (hate Nkuru, hate C208).

This airstrip would be much easyier to find, when the big amount of aircraft crap would remain after my trials (Mount Kenya is this little hillock beside).

But I'm full of hope to get the first credits and then I'll send my mission progress.

But anyhow, I've a lot off fun with this misson pack!!!

Regards und viele Grüße

Albrecht

Hallo Thorsten,

sorry that I couldn't enter to this contest.

I'm still busy with my crahtests at Nkuru with the default C208 (hate Nkuru, hate C208).

This airstrip would be much easyier to find, when the big amount of aircraft crap would remain after my trials (Mount Kenya is this little hillock beside).

But I'm full of hope to get the first credits and then I'll send my mission progress.

But anyhow, I've a lot off fun with this misson pack!!!

Regards und viele Grüße

Albrecht

Try Lionheart's Quest Kodiak (I know it's not Aerosoft...but still a STOL for the price and Thorsten's great FAQ tells you how to add it in with a simple aircraft.cfg edit). http://www.lionheartcreations.com

You still have time to upload your screenshot, the folks were nice enough to extend the deadline till Wednesday (too bad too...I could of had the win hands down...)

Or try the Twin Otter. Allthough I got it for free I had to get used to it. But by now it is in fact my most favourite FSX aircraft! (and I say this as the proud developer of the Bush Hawk) B)

You will definitely have less trouble landing the Twotter and getting her up again without crashing. Still, this is what this addon is about: The challenge. :D

Hi Thorsten, I hate to ask a silly question, but can you tell me the posting day and time deadline for the contest in Eastern U.S. time? I'd hate to find out I posted after the deadline. I assume 12:00 is referring to noon and not midnight, but is that local wherever you live or in Germany? Thanks, DAB

Wednesday 12:00 MEST, that's Middle Eurpoean Summer Time, or GMT-2 if I'm not mistaken. In any case it's in the middle of the night in the U.S. (4am Eastern time afaIk), so just post your screenshot before you go to sleep on tuesday and you should be fine. ;)

Or try the Twin Otter. Allthough I got it for free I had to get used to it. But by now it is in fact my most favourite FSX aircraft! (and I say this as the proud developer of the Bush Hawk) cool.gif

You will definitely have less trouble landing the Twotter and getting her up again without crashing. Still, this is what this addon is about: The challenge. biggrin.gif

I went ahead and jumped on the Twin Otter bandwagon and I have to say you are right in every respect... The Twotter is a fantastic aircraft to fly and makes some of the very challenging landing strips in AAA somewhat easier. Now if I can just win that free download and get your wonderful looking Bush Hawk...

Wednesday 12:00 MEST, that's Middle Eurpoean Summer Time, or GMT-2 if I'm not mistaken. In any case it's in the middle of the night in the U.S. (4am Eastern time afaIk), so just post your screenshot before you go to sleep on tuesday and you should be fine. ;)

You mean GMT +2? :)

Here's my entry. Not a very scenic portrait, but fortunately, this wasn't an art contest :P

I had a strange glitch a few days ago. My AAA account shot suddenly to 11,000 (correct number 400). It would've been nice, but the GPS was dead (even with battery on and engine running), so I reloaded without saving. Might not been a valid contest entry anyway ;)

My overall opinion on AAA:

:goodjob_s:

PS. Do Mike's balloon coupons count? I have three :) IMHO, Mike really should keep his balloons on a leash so he wouldn't keep losing them...

AAA_kamaro.BMP

Here's my final screenshot. Hopefully I'll slide in second...

(even though I was the clear winner before the contest was extended... darn you Thorsten... Just kidding!)

I also attached a pic of my rewards for anyone who is interested in what is available. I'm sure I don't have them all though.

post-26453-124884709017_thumb.jpg

post-26453-124884725439_thumb.jpg

I also attached a pic of my rewards for anyone who is interested in what is available. I'm sure I don't have them all though.

I also tried a screenshot of the rewards, but thought it didn't work. Must try harder then...

When you have 25 jobs under your belt, you get a "bronze pilot" badge (or some such). It's a variation of the "ASC Pilot" badge.

I got the Five spotter job when switching to the Maule at Nanyuki, but reloaded and haven't been able to get it afterwards. How do you get the job, Mavrocket, Thorsten? :confused_s:

You need to switch back to another aircraft and go back to Nanyuki. The job is only offered the moment you switch to the ASB. (Or maybe you'll hang around at Lodge Kuzula with the R22 and find the "sweet spot") :D

I've switched to the Maule several times, but must've missed something... Good to know about Kuzula, thank you Thorsten.

Anyway, now that the contest is over, I think I'll uninstall AAA, add my new Mega Frankfurt and aircraft (to keep the correct installation order), then reinstall and start over. Yay! :lol:

By my atomic clock, it should be just before 12:00 MEST. So, attached is my final entry for the contest. I had hoped to top $10,000, but didn't quite make it. I should be there in an hour. Who needs to sleep?biggrin.gif DAB

post-26278-124886137016_thumb.jpg