Cheyenne start problem

John Gibson

Hello,

I have had the Cheyyene boxed version for FSX for some time now and have just updated via the download update. However I have noticed quite often the aircraft moves forward (straining against the brakes) and then overcomes the brake resistance and charges off in a mad rush. Braking won't stop it and I have to cut the engines to bring it up. This occurs regardless of the position of prop or power levers.

I am using the CH Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Yoke and Saitek Rudder Pedals, also SP1 and SP2/Acceleration.

The other thing I noticed is that the mixture levers in the sim don't correspond to movements of the CH Throttle Quadrant mixture levers even though I have set them in the Sim's Control Panel.

Can you provide advice, please.

Regards,

John G

Hello,

I have had the Cheyyene boxed version for FSX for some time now and have just updated via the download update. However I have noticed quite often the aircraft moves forward (straining against the brakes) and then overcomes the brake resistance and charges off in a mad rush. Braking won't stop it and I have to cut the engines to bring it up. This occurs regardless of the position of prop or power levers.

I am using the CH Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Yoke and Saitek Rudder Pedals, also SP1 and SP2/Acceleration.

The other thing I noticed is that the mixture levers in the sim don't correspond to movements of the CH Throttle Quadrant mixture levers even though I have set them in the Sim's Control Panel.

Can you provide advice, please.

Regards,

John G

First problem sounds like a classic calibration issue. To check, launch in VC and then press F1, if the virtual power levers move then you have a problem with your controllers calibration.

As for the second, they are NOT mixture levers, they are Condition levers and function differently. Read the manual.

The cheyene mixture levers cant be tied to any levers, this is mentioned on the DA forum. this has something to do with the way they work. As far as the plane moving forward this is an FSX issue and most turboprops do it. I find setting the power levers to minimum using the associated keys ( cant remember them not at home as mine are set in my gamepad). this should stop it moving forward.