The careermenu

Tobus

Seeing the ad on the aerosoft webpage I bought AAA without hesitation.

As Charlie 1, I did some flying already in my C208. I want to exchange that asap for either the Bush Hawk or the Twotter.

To see the these crates, you can view them directly via the menu (8-advanced, 2-see other aircraft, #... i think).

Problem is, after viewing them, the menu disappears, while viewing the other plane that is.

Now, to make te meny re-appear, I have to disable, wait 1 sec for the menu to "take", then enable the parkingbrake, so I can then select my own cockpit again.

This poses problems. First, it is cumbersome. Second (which happened to me), since the 208 starts rolling the moment you take of the parkingbrake, it rolls neatly into something in the way, while I was still in the menu and watching another aircraft while trying to get back to my cockpit, when I crash ... presumably from taxiing into something.

Would it be possible to make the menu alway re-appear after it closes when the parkingbrake is on, as is the case with the Bush Hawk X missions?

Hello Tobus,

after lots of complaints with the parking brake method in the Bush Hawk mission I decided to alter the mechanism. It paid off in our tests as testers were quite happy with it.

What worries me is the fact that you leave your cockpit with the engine on. :blink: Please make sure the aircraft does not do anything funny after you leave your cockpit. ;)

Normally none of the career aircraft should start rolling if you don't use brakes in idle. In fact as the runways are pretty rough it sometimes takes at least 50% throttle to start rolling.

If you don't like this, you don't have to watch the other ASC aircraft. They're always to be found at the same location (ASB at Nanyuki, AST in Buffalo Spring).

I hope that answers all your questions. :)

Almost forgot: If you want to popup the menu you set the parking brake. You then choose an option and the menu disappears. To get it back you just have to disable the parking brake and activate it again after about 1 second. The menu pops up again. Within this short moment your aircraft won't run into things, so you should be fine.

Hello Tobus,

after lots of complaints with the parking brake method in the Bush Hawk mission I decided to alter the mechanism. It paid off in our tests as testers were quite happy with it.

What worries me is the fact that you leave your cockpit with the engine on. :blink: Please make sure the aircraft does not do anything funny after you leave your cockpit. ;)

Normally none of the career aircraft should start rolling if you don't use brakes in idle. In fact as the runways are pretty rough it sometimes takes at least 50% throttle to start rolling.

If you don't like this, you don't have to watch the other ASC aircraft. They're always to be found at the same location (ASB at Nanyuki, AST in Buffalo Spring).

I hope that answers all your questions. :)

Almost forgot: If you want to popup the menu you set the parking brake. You then choose an option and the menu disappears. To get it back you just have to disable the parking brake and activate it again after about 1 second. The menu pops up again. Within this short moment your aircraft won't run into things, so you should be fine.

Thanks Horst. I am so used to the Bush Hawk X menu "way of things" that it takes some getting used to in this setup. And yes, I did leave my cockput with the engine running :wub: . I seem to get in no trouble what so ever when (un)loading passengers and cargo with my doors closed, sooo... ;)

There are lots of things fsx can't do in missions, one of them is enquiring if doors are open or close. So we cannot prevent boarding with closed doors. It's up to the user if he wants this kind of realism and opens/closes the doors when boarding.

There are lots of things fsx can't do in missions, one of them is enquiring if doors are open or close. So we cannot prevent boarding with closed doors. It's up to the user if he wants this kind of realism and opens/closes the doors when boarding.

Yes, I am well aware. I was just teasing you :lol: