VAT question on shop purchases.

Soya

Hi,

I am very interested in purchasing the new Mallorca X release but I do have an important question. I live in Jersey, Channel Islands, and this is a VAT free zone. Most online retail companies have an option to remove VAT if a purchase is made from a VAT free zone. However, I did not see a way to remove VAT from the Mallorca X purchase when I had it in my basket/checkout. So either I am not seeing the way to remove VAT, if there is a way, or there is no way to remove VAT from a purchase.

I would appreciate any help on this matter as I am keen to purchase, what seems to be, a great release.

Thank you in advance.

Soya

• Aerosoft
Hi,

I am very interested in purchasing the new Mallorca X release but I do have an important question. I live in Jersey, Channel Islands, and this is a VAT free zone. Most online retail companies have an option to remove VAT if a purchase is made from a VAT free zone. However, I did not see a way to remove VAT from the Mallorca X purchase when I had it in my basket/checkout. So either I am not seeing the way to remove VAT, if there is a way, or there is no way to remove VAT from a purchase.

I would appreciate any help on this matter as I am keen to purchase, what seems to be, a great release.

Thank you in advance.

Soya

If you use the US main page (http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?show270) you will not be charged VAT. The price will be shown in us $ but as we can only charge in Euro this will make no difference.

Thank you for your response.

However, I am getting a very odd problem when I try to purchase Mallorca X. I added it to my basket, click on check out and the next screen mentions stuff about Flight Sim Commander X, so I click on check basket contents and it show Flight Sim Commander X instead of Mallorca X. I also just tested this with another product, I put Lisbon X in my basket, once I get to checkout it changes to F-16???

EDIT: Solved the above problem, I had to completely close down all my explorer tabs/windows and reload the web site. This time the product stays the same when choosing checkout, very odd though.

Alas there still seems to be a tax issue. The shop site is behaving very strange for me, I have a feeling it could have something to do with the Chrome browser I am using. I will exit this browser, wait till the current pending orders on my account vanish (as I presume they are on a timer as I have 2 copies of Mallorca pending, both still with the damn tax on them). I will try later with IE explorer 8, perhaps that will solve my oddities. The US link still seem to add tax once I get past checkout, but will double check later.

EDIT2: Finally got it to work, seems I had to change my country in my address to Zimbabwe to make it stop adding tax. The order seems to have gone through my paypal account and I got the confirmation email. Will let the files DL overnight, but I don't think the DL or install will give any problems (fingers crossed).

Thank you.

Glad it's solved.

Use firefox instead ;)

Ie 8 is rubbish at this moment...

And Chrome... well I'm not a big fan of google...