Question for Twin Otter repainters

spike9

Hello,

I've been working on some repaints for the Twin Otter in First Air liveries, and have run into a problem on the 100 short nose that I can't seem to resolve. The stripes on the First Twin Otter run the length of the aircraft and transition up the tail. I have no problem doing the stripe however on texture 3, which takes care of the tail and nose sections I run into problems on the right side. The problem is the lower stripe is blue and covers the entire bottom of the tail, when try to paint this section I always get blue up on the right side of the nose. When I try to correct for this so blue isn't showing up on the nose, I can't get full blue coverage on the tail, there is always a little spot that remains white and visa versa. I have tried correcting this on a pixel by pixel basis and can't seem to solve the problem. I don't have any pictures showing the problem that I can post at this time, but will try later.

Here is a link to the machine I'm painting, mine won't have the Air Tindi on it.

C-FASG

Any thoughts from you repainters. I have noticed that Aerosoft has jamed a lot on all the templates specifically this template and space is at a premium, but there has to be a way to do it and most be missing something. I'll gladely share my template for any who might want to tackle the problem, just send me a PM.

Peter

Ok, no replys yet. so here is what I'm talking about. In the first photo you can see a the bottom portion of the tail is white and the lower portion of the nose looks fine. In the second photo I've filled in the white part on the tail down to the pixel so it just covers, now there is blue on the nose. This what I can't get fix. It's only on the right side and only effects the 100. I can make everything look perfect on the 300.

Photo 1

3625449419_a434abb69e.jpg

Photo 2

3626265884_5b22f3cfa6.jpg

Any thoughts?

Ok, no replys yet. so here is what I'm talking about. In the first photo you can see a the bottom portion of the tail is white and the lower portion of the nose looks fine. In the second photo I've filled in the white part on the tail down to the pixel so it just covers, now there is blue on the nose. This what I can't get fix. It's only on the right side and only effects the 100. I can make everything look perfect on the 300.

Photo 1

3625449419_a434abb69e.jpg

Photo 2

3626265884_5b22f3cfa6.jpg

Any thoughts?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Peter , there must be Somebody who can solve Your little problem . Please , repainters of the World , Please help

our fellow Twin Otter Pilot .

Kevin :unsure:

Okay, so here are some finished 300 versions on wheels and wheel ski. Now if I could only get it to look like this on the 100.

3644162458_a3a19d36d5.jpg

3644162484_41781222e0.jpg