South Africa X

vnav101

The South African flight sim community would be VERY pleased to have scenery developed for our international airport(s).

Johannesburg International - FAJS

Cape Town International - FACT

Durban (a new airport, King Shaka, is also being constructed for next years FIFA world cup) - FADN

As you all know, South Africa will be hosting the FIFA World Cup 2010 and many flight simmers would want to recreate pax and soccer club private jet flights into South Africa.

There currently is scenery available (freeware) for FS9 only (for Johannesburg and Cape town Intl)

http://home.telkomsa.net/aeroworx

But the quality of scenery is not up to the likes of Aerosoft's EDDF / EGLL offerings.

Photoreal ground textures, AES support, etc. would be great! And I'm sure many South Africans would be very interested in a high-quality payware offering from Aerosoft.

Hi Sharrow,

Thanks much for the link - I've seen the NMG offerings but it doesn't really beat the freeware created by Aeroworx and is way overpriced for the basic 3D models it provides.

I would definitely pay their price if it were up to Aerosoft's majestic standard.

My suspicion would be that South African airports are just simply too small a market to make producing them to "Aerosoft" standards worthwhile. Then one has to consider the airside access needed to get high res photographs of the airports infrastructure, try arranging that in today's paranoid climate. Furthermore just about all of SA's major airports are major construction sites as we speak so practically speaking there is no chance of getting anyone at ACSA to cooperate with or support such an endeavour, at least not until the World Cup has packed up and gone home.

Even then, without at least some half decent landclass and mesh package for South(ern) Africa what would be the point? I for one refuse point blank to even look at the default South African scenery. MS clearly spent very little time and effort on this part of the world. Having flown what must be hundreds of realworld hours in Southern Africa over the years I guess the deficiencies of the default FSX landscape are just that much more evident to me. Overall I have less than 10 FSX minutes in total logged in South Africa which is a real shame considering I have lived here most of my life.

Am also waiting for Carenado to finally release the C210 Centurion, overhauled for FSX of course. I do not see how one could fly anything else in these parts of the world. As cool as the Beaver, Twotter, Bush Hawk and others are for me they just do not really "fit in". The C206 comes close and there are many of them around but nevertheless there is just that something special about the C210 Centurion. Some of the places I have landed (not personally but in the front right seat) throughout Namibia and Botswana in particular will be in my mind forever. Have had my fair share of high adrenalin moments that is for sure!

• 2 weeks later...
The South African flight sim community would be VERY pleased to have scenery developed for our international airport(s).

Johannesburg International - FAJS

Cape Town International - FACT

Durban (a new airport, King Shaka, is also being constructed for next years FIFA world cup) - FADN

As you all know, South Africa will be hosting the FIFA World Cup 2010 and many flight simmers would want to recreate pax and soccer club private jet flights into South Africa.

There currently is scenery available (freeware) for FS9 only (for Johannesburg and Cape town Intl)

http://home.telkomsa.net/aeroworx

But the quality of scenery is not up to the likes of Aerosoft's EDDF / EGLL offerings.

Photoreal ground textures, AES support, etc. would be great! And I'm sure many South Africans would be very interested in a high-quality payware offering from Aerosoft.

I agree but dont forget Port Elizabeth - FAPE (Its also becoming an international airport)

• 1 month later...

South Africa is hosting the FIFA 2010 World Cup next year and many simmers would love to enjoy the sights and fly into South Africa with the high-quality level of scenery developed by Aeroworx.

There is freeware scenery for FAJS, FACT and FADN , but I would jump to purchase Aerosoft quality scenery developed for these busy African airports.

Thank you.

Hello Folks,

Dont think South African airports are on the list.

But I'll ask anyways for you.

[Edit] I did ask and I'm sorry to say there are no plans now or in the near future to do these airports.

Hello Folks,

Dont think South African airports are on the list.

But I'll ask anyways for you.

[Edit] I did ask and I'm sorry to say there are no plans now or in the near future to do these airports.

Thanks Shaun. Was worth a try anyway.