Engine Stop Start Bug

DogTailRed2

Hi,

first, is their a bugs list thread to avoid duplicating posts.

Now, not sure how I triggered it but I got the following problem.

Started both engines then managed to stall them both (not sure how).

However one engine kept cycling as if it was trying to restart. Went to external engine stops.

Went back to VC engine refires and starts trying to start again. This could be repeated indefinitely. Even with all switchs, knobs, buttons off it still did it?

Any ideas what happened here.

Ted.

During beta testing we saw this on very rare occasions.

We don´t know what triggers it.

Please ensure that the starter switch is in the Off position.

When this happens shut down the engine by moving the mixture lever to idle cut-off (full down)

Then try to restart the engine.

Also ensure that there isn´t any carb icicng conditions present.

Finn

Ted,

I've had that happen.

With regard to engine stalls during warm up, I've found that if you keep the RPMs above 1200 or so, it will keep the plugs from fouling. I stumbled across a pilot report for the real Catalina that mentioned leaving the primer on for a bit while the engine warms up -- and keeping the engine above 1000 RPM during warm up. That technique seems to work well for the Aerosoft Cat, too.

Also, make sure you push the prop levers to full fine before starting. That makes a huge difference when warming up the engines.

Ted,

I've had that happen.

With regard to engine stalls during warm up, I've found that if you keep the RPMs above 1200 or so, it will keep the plugs from fouling. I stumbled across a pilot report for the real Catalina that mentioned leaving the primer on for a bit while the engine warms up -- and keeping the engine above 1000 RPM during warm up. That technique seems to work well for the Aerosoft Cat, too.

Also, make sure you push the prop levers to full fine before starting. That makes a huge difference when warming up the engines.

Yes RPM has an impact on warming up the engine.

I know about the "trick" leaving the primer on during warm up, but didn´t want to tell, since I actually thought it was a FSX -Catalina cheat.

Setting it on during warmup will make it alot easier, and if You are right that this also is a realworld procedure - it´s just fine and not cheating anymore ;)

Finn

Yes RPM has an impact on warming up the engine.

I know about the "trick" leaving the primer on during warm up, but didn´t want to tell, since I actually thought it was a FSX -Catalina cheat.

Setting it on during warmup will make it alot easier, and if You are right that this also is a realworld procedure - it´s just fine and not cheating anymore ;)

Finn

Hi,

thanks for the replies.

yes I probably fouled the plugs. Now I'm getting the hang of starting the bug shouldn't be a problem so I don't think it matters.

Cheers,

Ted.