Tahiti X & Manhattan X

DJJose

First let me say that I joined this forum because I want to express gratitude for Tahiti X.

If it was not for this scenery I would not have discovered FSX. Many things had to happen in order for FSX to work well on my system, and I'm so happy that SPs were developed and that now I can enjoy this incredible sim.

Although Tahiti X is fantastic, I'm having a performance issue in Tahiti and Moorea. The frame rates drop to 10-15 fps. Everywhere else I'm between 30-40 fps. I hope that the designers fix the performance issue so that I don't have to upgrade my system.

Now for Manhattan X. I recently got the CD version and it's also a slide show 10-15fps. I tried to download the patches and when I tried to install them, I could not do so. I was using the wrong username or password. I know my e-mail and I have a password. Not sure what's going on there.

I wanted to get some help from the members and see how some have solved install patches if you bought the cd version.

Specs:

Striker Extreme

E6850

4 Gig Ram

8800Ultra (182.50)

Win XP

Hello DJJose,

The reason why the updates may not work is because they are for the download version only.

Did you set the settings in the display menu as per the manual, remembering that Manhattan is a very dense scenery.

Also have you checked to see if there are any updates for Tahiti X for your version.

The latest version of Tahiti X is installed.

Checked the readme file in Manhattan X folder and noticed that 1.2 is installed.

I guess I will have to wait a few years to enjoy this one.

I did try the recommended settings, but I still get 10-15 fps. Not acceptable.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
The latest version of Tahiti X is installed.

Checked the readme file in Manhattan X folder and noticed that 1.2 is installed.

I guess I will have to wait a few years to enjoy this one.

I did try the recommended settings, but I still get 10-15 fps. Not acceptable.

Thanks.

Any suggestions or findings on Tahiti X frame rates? I purchased and installed the product a couple of weeks ago. Frame Rates with the Flight1 Mustang dropped from 25fps with default scenery to 7 fps with this product (my settings have fps set to 25 max - not unlimited - with my current config - fps goes into the mid to high 30's with default ac and default scenery). Switched to the default FSX 172 and it did not do much better - around 9fps. I have Lukla X and fps are quite good with both addon and default ac - so my config and machine should not completely out of range. Any general thoughts on tweaks to get better fps with this product. I purchased the download product which I believe has the latest patch. I have now uninstalled tahiti x as 7 to 9 fps is just not acceptable.

Hello Mug,

Have you tried setting your frames to unlimited, some find it runs much better.

Thanks Shaun...

I had fps set to unlimited using the Twin Otter with Lukla X - thus the fps readings > 25. Based on your advise - I gave it another shot. With FPS set to unlimited, and using the default 172 - FPS at NTAA ranged from 30 to 50 (it really jumped around). With the default scenery and the Twin Otter - it came down to high 20's/low 30's. I then reinstalled Tahit X, left fps at unlimited and used the recommended settings from the Tahiti X manual. FPS with the default 172 were now in the mid 20's. The Twin Otter had fps readings from 15 to mid 20's. The Tahiti X product certainly hits fps (or overall performance) much more than Lukla X. Having a specific configuration for the product seems to be certainly required - however the trade-off will be level of detail of the add-on AC (in my case - the Twin Otter) and overall smoothness of flight vs. the detail of the scenery. System is Vista 64, 4 Gb Ram, Quad core AMD, 9500GS graphics card with 512 memory. Graphics card is the low part of the system. Do you have any other tuning tips beyond the recommended settings in the manual? (Air and ground traffic is set to min). I was reading about the Nhancer - any experiece with that? (this could be a query for the HW forum instead though).