Questions About Simprobe & Cumulusx

Hi,

I just joined here and have FSX with SP2 installed on my vista-64 bit PC.

I download and installed SimProbe and CumulusX. I followd the install instruction for these programs and got them working in FSX fine.

My question is this.

Is there anything I need to setup or do with SimProbe or does it work on its own? Here is what I see going on in FSX I would like to know if this is normal.

I got to an airport and get in a glider. Then I start CumulusX and I see the clouds that CumulusX makes. I then get the hooked up to the tow plane and get in the air.

I have no problems finding thermals. My question is when I fly over by a ridge or large hill should I be getting lift with SimProbe?

If I go up to my add-on menu in FSX and have is display the SimProbe data. It looks something like this.

ridge lift +0.01 or sometimes the number is negative. The highest I have seen this number go to is +0.07. I'm guessing SimProbe is working just maybe I need to go find some higher mountians maybe? Or do I need more wind?

Also is it ok to run Active Sky X with SimProbe and CumulusX?

Ron

Is there anything I need to setup or do with SimProbe or does it work on its own?

It works on it's own along side CumulusX! (in the background). All you have to do is install it as per instructions.

My question is when I fly over by a ridge or large hill should I be getting lift with SimProbe?

It depends on wind speed and at what position to the conditions of the slope and wind you are in.

I'm guessing SimProbe is working just maybe I need to go find some higher mountians maybe? Or do I need more wind?

Try more wind speed first.

Also is it ok to run Active Sky X with SimProbe and CumulusX?

I think that may have come up before, but am unsure of the conclusion of it. I think it worked, but the person was wanting possibly a more realistic cloud or just wanted to use the default FSX birds to find the thermals because Active Sky X's conditions were just too realistic to pass up. But if you can live with the cloud effect that CumulusX! has to offer at this time (which isn't really that bad once you get used to it, and also gets better in future releases I think), it won't suffer too much.

I must add that, I'm not the best person for conclusions to your questions, but it's a start until the others (and maybe even those with your conditions) can get to this thread.

Scott