Sounds In Other Languages

I can't see anything after searching, so maybe the answer is 'no'!

It would be nice to have some of the AES sounds ("Welcome aboard"; "Thank you for travelling with us" etc. etc.) in other languages. Are any available for download anywhere? Hard to believe that German at least is not out there somewhere...

Martin

I can't see anything after searching, so maybe the answer is 'no'!

It would be nice to have some of the AES sounds ("Welcome aboard"; "Thank you for travelling with us" etc. etc.) in other languages. Are any available for download anywhere? Hard to believe that German at least is not out there somewhere...

Martin

Hi,

You can find sounds "Welcome aboard" or something like that in Add-Ons like FSP(X) or XPax.

AES is for groundhandling not for your CREW!!!

dreamflyer

Not so. When you install AES and you select the option (for instance) to start boarding, the soundset "Welcome Aboard" automatically starts. The soundset installs with AES: See the folder FS9\Aerosoft\AES\Sound. Maybe you misunderstood what I meant?

M.

Nothing available then?

M.

Dear Martin,

not being a scenery designer, neither an aircraft repainter, nor other kind of developer, I found my own way of contributing to the flightsim community by starting a small freeware project called MIB, that stands for "Multilingual In-Flight Briefings".

I started with a set of male (first officer's) and female (flight attendant's) voices in Italian and english, and uploaded those to both flightsim and avsim libraries for public availability and fun (you may wanna search there for filenames beginning with mib* ), so that every user could put those "noises" to use with his preferred software (X-Pax, FSPassengers, FDC Live Cockpit, AES, etc.) After a while, other languages followed, and others are in progress.

I have also volunteered to offer an italian accented voice for the AES marshaller, and it looks like you'll hear me there soon...

This being said, I cannot tell if Oliver will push the customization of AES also in the direction which includes the availability of several sets of boarding/unboarding sounds, so that every AES user can use his/her own ...

If not, you can consider to alter the default AES sounds for boarding and unboarding, by keeping the filenames and using the contents of your choice ...

It's not difficult to do: every noise you need is already available, you just need to play a little with a sound editing program, et voilà, ... you're done !

Be advised that AES reinstalls the default sounds upon every update, so you need - after that - to paste a backup copy of your customization to AES sound folder, too.

Happy landings and always three greens,

Eu

Thanks for the reply. I have quite a few customised sounds on my FS9 setup - using FSDSFX, S-Combo and so on, and have cabin announcements in several languages now, pushback with different accents, ATC chatter for many different world regions etc, all of which I have set up to play automatically. I find WavePad a good basic sound editor for these files, when they need any kind of customisation.

I thought, Aerosoft being German, that there may at least be some AES sound files in German available: but it's no big deal of course!

I'll have a look anyway for your MIB project!

Martin

I thought, Aerosoft being German, that there may at least be some AES sound files in German available

Martin

You're right ...

For the time being, Oliver needs to activate every single new language from within the program, and I think this prevents people worldwide from willingly recording their own voices and make them available for download on the main freeware libraries.

I'm in hopes that Oliver will decide to "open up" the program somehow, allowing a free addition of files, so that:

if AES finds a custom set of files for that language, it will use these ones;

if not, it will use the default files.

I would also suggest, for added realism, that also every airport can have his own marshaller's voice, so that there isn't a single voice nationwide: this would encourage the simmers' production and file exchange even more !!!

Let's hope that Oliver will consider this extension positively ...

Once he has prepared the coding for this, the rest is gonna be up to the simmers, and we can expect a good contribution, like it happened for the other similar software, don't you think ?

:)