Fs9 And A Bad Case Of The Stutters

keflin2612

Hi all,

Can some one help I have been using fs9 for a number of years, in that time I have installed it taken it back off re-installed it, god knows how many times and it has always worked O,K but I have just installed it again and for some reason I have a bad case of the Stutters.

Some times the frame holds for up to 3-4 seconds.

I am using the same system that I have always used frame rates are set at 20, I have never had this problem before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and kind regards Kevin.

Hello Kevin,

Have you added more stuff to the computer, is something using a lot of CPU time when FS9 is running.

Check the Task Manager and see whats using the resources.

Maybe a disc cleanup and defrag might help.

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for your reply I'm actually using process lasso at the moment to monitor my cpu.

I don't have that much running on my computer, as I have two systems and I only run fs9 on the one, plus my anti-virus and a couple of other things associated with fs9.

I do defrag regularly so I think I am doing everything I'm supposed too.

I just don't no whats causing it.

ALmost certainly with few processes running the problem will turnout to be the anti-virus package

Suggest d/l Gamebooster beta 3 demo from http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Use this to switch off not only the major background processes but also the A/V while running FS. IF that solves the stutters then simply restart the a/v and then reboot FS. If the stutters are back then you've proved the cause. If not it's a case of trial and error, I'm afraid.

I use this AlacrityPC, it's the successor to FS Autostart. It shuts down un-needed processes (which you specify), defrags the memory, then starts FS and associated applications (for me, that is ActiveSky Advanced, AI Smooth and AI Separation). After you shut down FS, it restarts the processes on XP (or Vista).

It's donation-ware.

Rob