Twin Otter No Nose In Vc

stryk9

Hello,

First of all what a great plane. It is quickly becoming my favorite and I plan to use it playing air hauler. I have one question though. When I sit in the VC I cannot see the nose of the airplane. I have trackir so this becomes very obvious.

I have not experienced this in any other planes (carenado, wilco and default). I am using version 1.11 and have FSX SP2 but not Acceleration.

Is this a bug? I have searched around but cannot find anyone with the same problem, nor can I find any pictures/videos showing the nose from the VC. I apologize if I have overlooked something obvious.

Quite puzzled as the attention to detail is so great that I find it hard to believe that the devs just forgot the nose. Does anyone else have this problem?

I have attached a picture showing the missing nose. First time attaching pics, so no idea if this works.

regards

stryk9

post-24993-1238122391_thumb.jpg

It's very simple, you can't see it, cause they didn't do it!!!!!

I complained too, but the answer was that in real cockpit u can't see it cause u had to set in a irregular position to see nose...

I'm sorry, cause for trackir owners it's easy to see and it's noisy......

A shame really, this has kept me from buying as I am a TrackIr user also.

I almost the same cause for us, trackir owners, it's really annoyng to see no NOSE straight.............You need only appear a littel.....I wanna ask if this an impossible thing to FIX or we must be a considerable number to be considered...????

Track-IR user here too. I find the eyepoint level is a little too high with Track-IR VC mode, and that makes one expect to see the nose.

I edited the aircraft.cfg so that my eye level is just about "right" to where it should be in R/L (lowered it a bit). With my eyepoint level now lower to my preference, I am no longer bothered about seeing the nose. At this height, even in real life, you cannot see it anyway.

AMAZING plane!!

Track-IR user here too. I find the eyepoint level is a little too high with Track-IR VC mode, and that makes one expect to see the nose.

I edited the aircraft.cfg so that my eye level is just about "right" to where it should be in R/L (lowered it a bit). With my eyepoint level now lower to my preference, I am no longer bothered about seeing the nose. At this height, even in real life, you cannot see it anyway.

AMAZING plane!!

¿Could you post the changes you made to the aircraft.cfg file? As a Track IR user i would appreciate a lower eyepoint myself.

Thanks in advance

¿Could you post the changes you made to the aircraft.cfg file? As a Track IR user i would appreciate a lower eyepoint myself.

Thanks in advance

Here goes: (my approximation based on twotter pics i see on the net)

You need to do this to all your Twotter models (each folder has 1 aircraft.cfg).

You may need to backup your original aircraft.cfg files before editing.

[VIEWS]

eyepoint= 8.5, -1.45, -1.6

And this is how it looks in my pit (pic is resized to 1024 x 640)

twotter-pit.jpg

Sample from the net (camera seems to be be roughly at pilot's eye level, albeit a little lower)

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb123/t...x/download2.jpg

cheers